chapter 12 || surprised nights

“Most days I wish I never met you because then I could sleep at night and I wouldn’t have to walk around with the knowledge there was someone like you out there.”

                                                     - (Unknown)

*                            *                        * 

"Really, are you fucking serious right now?" Ryan whispered furiously at me the next day at school. "You drove him away, you really did it this time! Whatever fucking problem that you're hiding from him, you better solve it soon because I'm tired of you interfering with everything." 

He didn't bother keeping his voice down and I didn't bother reminding him. Almost everyone in school knew that Issac left because of me. I got glares from left to right and I didn't mind them. 

Of course, I was already used to this. 

Seeing that I didn't say anything back to Ryan, he left without another word sending a glare in my way. He created a crowd and I walked away leaving the crowd in awe as Ryan dissed me. 

Even though he was being a dick about it, I knew he was right. It was my fault I drove him away. I could have told him but I didn't. 

If I told him, I could have fixed James' and his relationship but I made it even worse. Who knows? Maybe Issac and I could have begun a relationship. Maybe in a different world or another time but not now. Not when I was so hung up on Kenneth. 

Not when Kenneth was a huge threat to me and I knew what I needed to do. 

I needed to stand up to him for myself and take him out of my life once and for all. 

"Avery Rose, what are you doing here on your own will?"

Kenneth smirked at me and I fought the urge to vomit. "Stop bothering me."

He leaned back in his teacher assistant chair and put his feet on the desk.  "And why would I do that? I obviously love bothering you so much. Oh, by the way how's the bruise?" 

I bit my tongue and tried not to say anything else and focused on what was at task here. "You wouldn't want me to take this to court, would you? Make things legal here. Because assault and sexual harassment is a big deal." 

"This wouldn't have to have to do anything with Issac Carter would it?" His eyes flashed vividly and I took a step back in front of the door, my hand on the door knob in case he tries anything here. He stood up and walked towards me, his eyes squinting at me testing me. "You're serious aren't you? Stupid bitch, how dare you try anything?" 

He punched me out of no where and I lay on the floor too scared to scream or move a muscle. But he continued talking down to me as if I was a piece of shit and right now, I really thought I was. 

"You're such a fucking whore. Issac Carter told you to do this, didn't he? What? Did you actually have sex with him this time, huh?" 

Blows after blows and he kicked me in the side for good measure. "Hope you learn your lesson bitch. I thought yesterday would have taught you." 

I laid on the floor whimpering and Kenneth was too busy kicking me that we both didn't notice the door open. Kenneth didn't have enough time to put himself together and with me on the floor and him about to punch me again, it didn't look too good for him. 

"Mr. Warner! What is the meaning of this shit?! Are you seriously harassing another student! No, this isn't even harassment, this is abuse!" 

Oh dear, thank god for the principal coming in at the right time. I lifted my head to see if there was anybody else with him and surprised shocked me when I saw Ryan looking at me with regret in his eyes and that was enough for me to collapsed on the floor.