chapter 4 || issac nights

"Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive." 

                                                              - (Josephine Hart)

*                                  *                               *

EVER GET THAT FEELING when you know something bad is happening but you can't do anything about it. 

That's what dreaming does to me. 

You're stuck in this realm of unreality and try to survive whatever your subconscious throws at you. If something wrong, goes wrong, you can't control it. All you can do is endure it. 

Until you wake up, screaming. 

And that's what I did at three in the morning at the home of Issac Carter. 

I was sweating, gripping my sheets and staring into the darkness of my room, screaming my head off. I didn't know if I would wake people up but right now, I was too scared to care less. 

I knew dreams were just dreams and they can't hurt you. Wouldn't hurt you. But if the dreams rewind every bad thing that has happened to you, you can't help but feel like it's going to happen to you again. 

The door burst open and I tried to calm my screaming to whimpering until I saw the face of Issac and started crying. Yes, I started crying. I probably looked like a blubbering mess right now and my hair was a bird nest but I didn't care. 

This was Issac we were talking about. 

He rushed over to my bed and climb over, hugging me and I did nothing to stop him. It was sense of comfort I was willing to take. 

"Hey, hey. You're okay. Nothing is here. Okay? You're fine. I'm here now," Issac whispered into my hair. Tears ran down my face and he wiped it away with his hands. "You're okay. Stop crying, alright?" 

I covered my face with both of my hands and tried to calm down. Once I got the crying down to stifling, I hopped off from the bed but Issac's hand caught my wrist. "Where you going?" 

"I just want to go to the bathroom," I croaked, my voice cracked from all the screaming and crying. I couldn't see his face since I wasn't looking at him but he let go. 

"Just come back." 

I didn't answer him and just went inside the bathroom to clean up. I wiped my face that was filled with snot and tears, and brushed out the tangles out of my hair. The bandages on my hand had come off and I sighed. I threw it in the trash and tried to wash it off. The bleeding started back up and the bruise looked definitely worst. I couldn't find any bandages inside the bathroom so I just had to face the pain until I could buy some tomorrow. 

I went back in the room not really wanting to see Issac but there he was sitting on the bed looking at his hands. When I came out, his hand snapped to mine and I could tell that his eyes were filled with worry. 

I sat back in bed, criss-crossed and tried hiding my hand. I didn't think he noticed but his eyes noticed everything so I just hoped for the best. 

"You can leave now. Thanks," I said nonchalantly. I didn't bother looking at his face because no doubt if I did I would start crying again. I was too vulnerable right now and if I sense a little of emotion or pity from him, I would break down. 

"Look at me." 

I stared at my hand and noticed how the veins were larger than usual. My skin was awfully pale too.