chapter 9 || carla days and nights

YOU KNOW THOSE GIRLS that are really pretty but turn out to be one of those bitches. Well, not a bitch, bitch but a very stubborn, hard headed person that didn't take shit from anyone. A very blunt and opinionated person?

Carla Carter was exactly like that person.

"When's that cast going to be off?"

We were sitting in her old room with her examining every single part of my body and facial features. Apparently, every single year at around this time, every single family member from the Carter's come to the business dinner hosted by them. She was majoring in fashion and often made her own clothes.

And when I say often, I mean all the time. Her clothes was featured in Fashion Week in New York last year and famous models from Miranda Kerr to Kate Upton often modeled her clothes.

She may have seemed like the cheerleader bitch from her high school days, but I could tell she had a heart in the right place if she was willing to do a big favor as to make a dress in a day for Issac.

Oh, did I mention that the dinner was only two days away?

I pondered about it for a moment and just shrugged. She squinted her eyes at me for a few minutes before muttering, "Ugh, this is going to make my job a lot harder."

She told Issac to leave the room and it was just us two. She looked at me really hard and asked, "What are your intentions with my brother?"

I almost snorted but decided that I actually wanted to make a good impression on her and just lazily said, "Are you sure it's me with the intentions?" She pursed her lips at me.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" She spatted at me. Listen, I deal with these cold headed cheerleader types all day in school. She doesn't intimate me the least.

"Your brother is an annoying little prick who deserves to be pegged from his ego. That's what. I'm not interested in any of those types. I needed a place to stay, he offered and I accepted. That's it."

I leaned back in the desk chair I was sitting in and smirked at her. Her eyes bored into mine and she broke out into a smile. "Finally! I been waiting for someone to say that! God, do you have any idea how much I hear Issac's is such a hottie or cutie from my friends?!" She clutched both hands where her heart is supposed to be and exclaimed, "All the freaking time!"

She paused for a moment and the smile came down. She snapped to me. "But if you hurt Issac in anyway, I'll rip your hair off."

Yeah, she does come off as pretty scary.

I just nodded and shrugged again. Seems like I've been doing a lot of shrugging these days.

"So, obviously the color dress is going to be black. I don't know if I should go with long or short. Although both would work in your favor since you're tall enough. I think I'll go with long. Yeah, that's okay with you? Alright. Now, I think sweetheart line would be good. You got the collarbones for that."

She kept on talking and talking and I didn't think there was a way to stop her. Except...oh shit.

"Carla," I said softly. She actually paused in her speech.

"Yes, dear?"

I took in a deep breath and lifted up my sweater sleeves. I looked at anywhere else but her. I did hear a suck of fresh air and whispered, "Oh my."

A second past by and I finally looked at her again. She gave me a small smile anyway. "Don't worry, not like a few drops of foundation won't work. I was planning on doing your hair and makeup anyways."