Chapter [12]: Kakashi's plan

Sai rushes to the hospital with Kabuto and his team running closely behind him. Upon arriving, he splits himself from Kabuto, taking two from Kabuto's team with him to Sakura's and he ordered Kabuto to reach where Tsunade is treating Hinata. Sai opened the operation door and his eyes immediately caught Ino's figure on the floor, then he quickly took her out to get some fresh air.

Like Shikamaru, Ino's life has been changes gradually right after the war, which is also right after her's and Shikamaru's father passing. Since she is the closest to her father, it affected her the most and she keep on confronting herself everyday to stay strong for her mother.

Being busy during the day at her family's flower shop, she hardly practice her medical jutsu anymore, resulting her chakra to be easily drained, especially after she lost a lot on Shizune earlier.

"I am not even close to any of you anymore, not even Sakura", she said the moment Sai was about to take a seat beside her on the bench outside of the hospital.

" Close in terms of?", Sai inquires innocently.

"You really have no idea what I was talking about, isn't? This whole time?" she false her chuckles, hides her sorrows in her eyes while looking away from Sai.

Sai turns his body to face Ino. He was having this dilemma since that one night he accidentally drew her while having random thoughts. He was shocked himself seeing what he drew with his mind unconscious.

"I know very well that my drawings of you show a much more lively smiles then the one you just gave", Sai whispers silently, but enough for Ino to hear each and every words he muttered clearly

She turns her body against her initial position, not knowing Sai is already turning his body facing her earlier. She was never feel this close to anyone before. She admits that she once had feeling for this pale looking skin that is sitting next to her, but many things happened that shut her from thinking about boys anymore.

"Y..you drew me?", she breaks the silent between them after keep on staring for a while towards each other.

"Yes. I couldn't explain myself but I did it unconsciously".

"Why didn't you say anything? Why did you wait until now?", Ino's voice obviously demands something from Sai, not just a simple plain answer.

"Uhm.. Your father's passing seems to be bothering you so much. I should be listening to you more than you should listen to me", Sai said while he lifted up his right hand and uses his thumb to wipe away Ino's tears. "I hate to see your sadness, beautiful", he continues.

Ino smiles then asked "where did you learnt this from? The book Lord 6 Kakashi gave you?"

"No, it's not written anywhere in the book", Sai answers immediately. "This is just me, explaining myself to you, beautiful".

***

Hinata recoveres from her injuries miraculously, leaving Kabuto only to do minor healings on her and she should be able to wake up soon enough. Naruto on the other hand was still lying down on the floor, unconscious. Tsunade ordered the staff to get him a bed too and they both are transfered to the same room upstairs, nearby to the emergency room where Choji and Karui is inside.