Chapter 1

I looked up as I saw someone occupy the swing next to me. I didn't recognize him. He was tall and lanky, and had blondish hair. Oh, and he had glasses that he wore at the very end of his nose.

"You new here? I don't think I've seen you around here..." I thought aloud.

"Yeah. I'm visiting my grandmother. She actually lives right next to you." He paused. "Oh, now I sound like some kind of stalker, don't I?"

I shook my head. "No, it's alright. I watch people from my bedroom window, too," I joked. "My name's Angel," I said, holding out my hand.

"Mikey," he replied, shaking my head.

"Well, Mikey. Care to walk home with me? I can tell you're not from here. And Coney Island is one of the most dangerous parts of Brooklyn."

...

The walk home was quiet, and the streets were vacant. Well, that's new. As we neared my house, five blocks from the beach, I swore under my breath.

"What happened?" Mikey asked, casting a concerned glanced at me.

"Nothing. I just forgot my keys, and my window is always locked," I mumbled.

"Why don't you just knock?"

I stopped walking. We were now in front of my house. "My mom isn't home, and no one else would hear me," I lied. Well, it wasn't a complete lie. My mom probably wasn't home home. And is she was home, she'd be a drunk mess and would beat the shit out of me. And my brother, Ethan, wouldn't let me in, because he's a jackass.

"Well, you can... stay at my place. My grandma really likes you, so I'm sure it's no problem," Mikey stated.

I blushed. "She talks about me?"

"Well, you do walk her dogs every morning."

"It's nothing."

Suddenly, Mikey grabbed my hand and practically dragged me over to Ms. Way's house. He opened the door, and held it open for me. I stood awkwardly by the window while he went to go see if I could stay over for the remainder of the night.

Ms. Way lived in a poorly lit two bedroom house with both an attic and basement. The basement held two bedrooms and a bathroom. I stood in the family room. And the attic was just a little office-like room with a bunch of paintings and comics scattered around. I highly doubt they belong to Ms. Way, considering she never goes up there. Hm... She did mention that she had an artistic grandson. What was his name? Jared? Gerald? Nope... Gerard! Yeah, Gerard.

Mikey came stomping up the basement stairs at the other end of the house. "She says you can stay!" he yelled excitedly. He grabbed my hands and jumped up and down.

I giggled. "Okay, Mikes. I think we should be getting some sleep now."

"Fine... Are we hanging out tomorrow?" Mikey asked hopefully.

"Definitely."

Mikey pulled me pass the bathroom, the stairs to the attic, and the kitchen. He led me down the basement stairs. Man, it's dark in here. He opened the door to the first room, and held the door. He closed it behind me, and flicked on the light.

It wasn't much. Two beds, a closet, a dresser, and a tiny window.

"Gerard! Wake up! I have a new friend, and she's sleeping in your bed!" Mikey yelled.

Gerard jerked up, and fell off the bed. He glared at Mikey. "What the fuck?! It's like one in the morning, Mikey!" he yelled.

"Two, actually," Mikey corrected. He gestured toward me. "This is Angel. She's my friend. Yep, be jealous."

I blushed. "Hi, Gerard. Your grandmother told me so much about you two."

Gerard looked at me, and my world stopped.

------------

Okay, so that was my first chapter... Message me? Tell me what you think? :)