Chapter 5

Halfway to the bathroom, I switched paths and ended up outside. There was a little ally to the side of the building. I quickly entered it. Leaning against the wall, I shakily pulled out a cigarette. When I get anxious, this is how I calm down. So don't go thinking I'm some junkie or something. This is the only thing I smoke. I threw the cigarette on the floor and stomped out the fire.

My cell phone rang. "Hello?"

"Ditching me already?" I heard Gerard say.

My face flushed. "No! I just went outside to smoke. I'll be in soon."

"Okay."

"Hey, Gerard?"

"Yeah?"

"How did you get my number?" I asked.

Gerard chuckled. "I stole it from your phone when you were sleeping." I could hear the grin in his voice.

"Okay, I'll be inside in a few." Just as I hung up, I felt a presence behind me. I whirled around to see a drunk guy looming over me. He was a good foot taller than me, looked like he could easily overpower me. Oh great. Not again.

"Hey, you look familiarr. Doooo I know youuuu?" he slurred.

"No," I snapped.

"How about we change that?" he asked flirtatiously. Next thing I knew, I was pushed against the wall. His lips, just inches from mine. I rolled my eyes, and kneed him in the groin. He groaned, and doubled over. I laughed and began to walk away.

"Maybe next time, loser," I called out as I entered the coffee shop. I found Gerard sitting by the front window. I sat down.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Gerard asked.

"What do you mean?" Gerard reached over and brushed away a stray tear that was halfway down my cheek.

"Did something happen outside?"

"No," I lied. "I didn't even know I was tearing up," I reply truthfully. I guess all this pain numbed my feelings. We finished up our drinks, and began our journey home.

"So, is this a date?" I ask randomly.

Gerard gave me a bewildered look. "Did you want it to be?" he asked awkwardly.

"Did you?" I countered.

"I asked first," he retorted.

"I'm a girl."

"So?"

"That means you have to answer my question first." I smirked at Gerard.

He glared at me before sighing and engulfing me in a hug. I don't really know what the hug was for, but I wasn't about to break it up. I finally felt safe, for once. All too soon, Gerard pulled away and began to walk. I caught up with him.

"What was that for?" I asked breathlessly.

"There's something I need to tell you. Are you sleeping over tonight?"

"Yeah." We stopped in front of my house.

"Just let me grab a change of clothes," I say, before running into my room. I change into a baggy pair of black and white striped pajama Capri pants, a plain black T-shirt, and slip on my Converses. I grab my Jack Skellington bag, and shove a change of clothes for tomorrow, my make-up bag, and my toothbrush into it. Nobody wants morning breath! >.< ...

I sat on Mikey's bed, and threw my bag in a corner. Gerard just stood at the dresser. Mikey walked in moments later, wearing nothing but boxers. His eyes widened as he acknowledged my presence. He blushed and dashed for the closet. Seconds later, he emerged from the closet, fully clothed, might I add. I shook my head as he plopped down on the bed next to me.

"Why the serious faces? What happened? Did your date end off in a bad note?" Mikey guessed.

"It wasn't a date!" Gerard and I exclaimed at the same time.

"I have something I need to tell you." Gerard sat down on his bed. "It's about Angel's past."

------

Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun. Lol, well the song is "To the End" by My Chem. I love this song too... Fuck, I love all My Chemical Romance songs ^_^