Chapter 24

Author's note: It is back to Serena's perspective.

Chapter 24

I followed them onto the ship and it began to set sail. I climbed up to the crows nest, wanting to be alone, but Ky followed me up there.

"Ky, I really don't want to talk to you right now. I want to be alone." I said. Without a word, he climbed down the mast and left me alone. I was a little surprised but I looked away out to sea. I pretty much stayed up there the whole journey. I did not want to talk to anyone nor do anything. So I stayed up there. I didn't read or even feel like reading. I was too sad to cry. I just stared out to sea.

How could he do that? I thought he loved me. My heart was broken. And there was nothing I could do about it.

Before I knew it, we were docking in England. Thankfully the journey only took one day. Steve brought me food at times so I didn't go hungry. I followed right behind Ky down the ramp and onto the docks. We were surrounded by villagers, all clapping and cheering. Ky and his father waved to the crowd. I just smiled. Ky and I were ushered into a carriage and his father was put into one ahead of us. I sighed. I did not want to be put in the same carriage as Ky. I could feel his gaze on me the entire trip. I just looked out the window so I didn't have to look at him.

England really is beautiful. Eventually, the castle came into view. It was up on a hill and looking very pretty. I could not wait to get inside and explore.

When the carriage came to a stop in front of the castle, Ky stepped out and offered his hand but I shook it away. I didn't need his help. I was amazed at the castle. It really was amazing up close.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Ky said. I just nodded. I still will not speak with him. He walked up to the gates and said something in a different accent. That caught be off guard.

"You have a british accent?" I asked. I realized I just spoke to him and practically started kicking myself. Why did I just do that?

"Yes I do. That is my real voice tone." he said and we stepped inside the gates. We walked up to the entrance door and they opened immediately. We were instantly greeted by who I guessed was Ky's mother.

"Oh Ky! You're back!" she said, hugging him. "Where is your father?"

"Hello mother, it's so great to see you. Father should be here in a moment." Ky said.

"Oh who is this lovely young lady?" Ky's mother said, turning to look at me.

"This is Princess Serena Williams of Oria." Ky said, introducing me. I bowed.

"It's so nice to meet you Serena." she said.

I smiled. "It's nice to meet you too."

"Edwin here will show you to your room. Ky will be up to talk to you shortly." she said. I smiled and the guy I assumed was Edwin appeared. He was about a head taller than me and had brown hair and green eyes. He looked an awful lot like Ky. I gulped and Edwin bowed.

"Your highness. It's nice to finally meet you." he said. I smiled. I had no idea who he was.

"I'm sorry but I don't know who you are." I said. I heard a noise. It was Ky. He was trying no to laugh at me. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Edwin.

"I'm sorry. I am Prince Edwin. The brother of Ky." he said. I knew it.

"It's nice to meet you." I said. "Who's older? You or Ky?" I asked. 

"Ky. By two years." Edwin answered. I nodded. He led me through the castle to my room. "Here is your room, Miss Serena." he said. I smiled.

"Thank you Prince Edwin." I said. 

"Oh just call me Edwin." he said. He opened the door for me and lifted my hand and kissed it. "Your welcome." 

"You know you are so different from Ky. He is-"

"Rude? Self-centered? Weird? Odd?" Edwin said.

"I was going to say annoying." I said. 

"Annoying? What?" a voice said. It was Ky. He followed us here. "And rude? Come on brother. You know I'm not that rude." Ky said. 

We both shrugged. I did it just to tease him though. "You I believe." Ky said, pointing to Edwin. "But you, I do not." he said to me. He started moving closer to me. I backed up, eventually hitting myself on the wall. Ky walked closer, until his face was inches from mine. 

He was about to kiss me. My heart beat faster, even though I did not want it to. He kissed me. I tried to pull away but I couldn't because I couldn't move. He had his hands on my waist. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away. 

"Ky. What are you doing?" I asked.

He looked surprised. "I'm kissing you. Serena are you still mad at me?" I didn't answer. I couldn't look at him.

"Serena. I'm sorry. I'll just leave you alone." he started walking away.

"Ky, wait!" I tried to stop him but he kept walking. 

I didn't know it, but tears were streaming down his face.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yep it's sad. It's breaking my heart. Feel free to comment and don't forget to vote. Sorry there are most likely mistakes.

mluvs2read