Ten

"You never let me do anything that I want to do, you're the worst parent ever!" I screamed, immediately regretting it as I saw the pain wash across my mother's face. 

"You know what Violet, go to that party I don't care. Do what you want, you always do anyway" she retaliated, her pained expression gone and the stone cold poker face was staring back at me. 

"Fine, I will!" I screamed before slamming the front door behind me, Dustin was waiting for me on his motorcycle on the road in front of my house and I walked briskly toward him. 

"Don't come home tonight Violet! I don't think I can stand to look at you!" She screamed as the front door flew open again. 

I didn't turn around, but slid onto the motercycle that was my ride to the party. As we rode off into the night I allowed the anger to melt away, I'd fix it all tomorrow. 

But tomorrow never came. 

Violet gasped, sitting up in bed once she realized that she was dreaming. Her heart was racing at the memory that had manifested itself in her dream, taunting her for getting drunk last night. Just like last night, the night she dreamt of was one where she had gone to a party and gotten inexcusably drunk. Unlike last night though, that night had marked the worst night of her entire life. A night she would never forgive herself for. 

But what did happen last night? Suddenly realizing she didn't remember coming home Violet's heart raced even faster if that was even possible. She squeezed her eyes shut, opening them to find a concerned looking Alex staring at her from where he was lying in her bed. 

"Violet?" he asked wearily, "I uh... are you okay?"

Violet felt as though no words could pass through her lips. She was so utterly confused she wanted to squeeze her eyes shut again and see if she was still dreaming. 

Alex felt a wave of anxiety rush over him at the sight of his friends sister who had just woke up gasping for air. The look on her face was hard to read, it seemed like a mixture of pain, confusion and something else all wrapped into one. 

"You don't remember last night do you?" he asked calmly, sitting up and turning to face Violet. 

She silently shook her head, confusion obviously consuming her. 

"How do you know Austin Herrings?" he blurted out angrily, not intending to put that much menace into pronouncing his name.

"I.. I sit with him at lunch sometimes, why?" she responded slowly, oblivious to what she was about to hear next. 

"He fucking drugged you Violet, Elizabeth and him did it so you'd make a fool of yourself in front of everyone" he replied, sadness touching his entire face. 

"No" Violet replied shaking her head, "Alex you're lying, that can't have happened to me"

"I'm sorry Vi" he said grabbing her hand, "I promise though it was fine, if anything they looked like the idiots. They gave you sleeping pills and you fell and hit your head,"

"You were there, you found me on the floor.." Violet trailed off, remembering a small snippet of the night before. Tears threatened to spill out from her eyes as she felt like her chest was being crushed. 

"Hey" Alex said, pulling her into his chest, "Everything's fine I promise, I didn't want you to wake up here alone so I stayed here with you last night. I hope you don't mind."

She just shook her head and allowed herself to cry, there was nothing she could do to stop it. After a few minutes Alex swept her hair away from her face and brushed a few stray tears from her cheeks.