Seven

Hearing the sound of her alarm made Violet want to smash the thing into tiny pieces. Going for the snooze button instead, she didn't even fall back asleep thanks to the overwhelming anxiety for the day ahead.

And it was only Tuesday.

Rolling out of bed and stumbling in the shower, she couldn't help but wonder what today was going to hold. Elizabeth was no doubt going to confront her about their fight, or the whole school was going to have heard a crazy story. Actually the latter was a definite.

Getting out of the shower she dried her hair, put on her makeup and chose something to wear. Throwing on a pair of red shorts and a black tank top, Violet grabbed her backpack and climbed the stairs to the kitchen where she prayed there would be coffee.

Thankfully there was, and there was also a very tired looking Rian slumped over at the kitchen table. Laughing to herself, Violet poured herself a cup of coffee and joined him at the kitchen table.

"Rough morning?" she asked.

"This time of the morning should be illegal" he grumbled back.

"I agree" she replied, picking up the newspaper that was sitting on the kitchen table for something to do.

Across the neighbourhood, Alex was just rolling out of bed thanks to his mother's wakeup call. Groaning and managing to get himself into the shower, Alex felt kind of nervous for some reason. Not for himself but for Violet, at what those girls were going to say to her today. Yesterday was pretty rough, he hoped that this would all blow over.

When he went downstairs his mom had a piece of toast ready for him so he could eat on the way. He grabbed his backpack and jumped into the car and she took him to school, getting him there just on time.

"Bye Mom" he said and kissed her on the cheek before hopping out of the car to walk toward the front doors.

"Love you!" she called after him but he had already slammed the door shut.

Alex entered the school and started walking down the hall to his homeroom class, dreading the long day ahead.

"Alex!" he heard Jack call.

"Hey man" he replied, falling into stride with his lanky best friend.

"I hate school" he said with a huff.

"Where's your homeroom?" Alex asked,

"154" Jack replied.

"Mines around there too actually" Alex replied.

"Walk me there boyfriend" Jack said, throwing an arm around Alex's shoulder jokingly.

Alex laughed and threw his arm off, shoving Jack off to the side as they walked down the hallway. Jack decided to shove Alex back, aiming to throw him playfully at a locker but instead he collided with Violet who was standing at hers.

Violet wasn't expecting it, letting out a gasp as Alex's weight caused her to crash into the locker, and lose her balance. Slipping on her own foot and falling to the floor, she looked up to see a concerned Alex and sheepish looking Jack.

"I am so sorry, are you okay?" Alex said, leaning over to help her up.

"You're heavier than you look" she replied, locking eyes with him and then letting out a small laugh.

""Alex is a fat-ass, and an idiot!" Jack said, "How dare he smash into you!"

Once Violet was on her feet again she just laughed, "You guys are nuts" and rolled her eyes, turning to close her locker.