Chapter 11 - Teamwork

Hello,

I am really sorry for the late update guys! Have been really busy lately. I'll try to get the next one up in time.

Please read and rememter to vote and comment!

-S

----------------------------------------------------------

I took a deep breath and looked into his eyes, “Aye aye officer!” Nate smiled and released me.

“But first hear me out, I strongly feel that Mercy and this guy there”, I pointed at the guy I saw looking at Mercy lovingly. “…have feelings for each other. They both have been through Hell and they deserve to be happy like any other normal person.”

“So you want to play cupid, meu amor[my love]?” he smirked and I nodded. “You know what’s strange?”

“No, what is?” I raised my brow, questioningly.

“I was asking you to do the same thing before you so boldly tried to seduce me.” Nate winked and stepped back.

“3...2..1. You asked for it!” I made a run for him. Gosh he’s so fast! All the staff were eyeing us with disgust and gave us strange looks while all the patients were finding this mini marathon an entertainment to watch as we both were running down the halls like crazy people.

“You will never catch me aliiivvveeeee...” He trailed off running with his hands in the air and turned to look at me over his shoulder when... “Nate, look out!”

I halted, screaching sounds of shoes against the tiled floor echoed and ahead at the end of the hallway stood a 'not so happy' – EMILY! Nate’s back was facing me and I could see him tense up and do you know what the dumbo did next?

“Save me, Sammy! Save me from the wrath of the ‘EMILY’. I’ ll do as you say. Save me!” he started running towards me faking an overly dramatic look on his face.

I laughed my ass off while I struggled to keep my feet straight enough to run! I could hear Emily calling both our names with clenched teeth but we were busy in our own private entertainment. Nate draped his arm over my shoulder and we ran before she could catch us. A plump, old nurse smiled at us and ushered us to a door.

Saved by the kind nurse! Phew!

After letting our breathing get normal, we sat down in the small dark room and discussed business! “Okay, count me in. How should we do it?” Nate asked, both of us real serious this time though it took us quiet alot of ‘tries’ to not laugh remembering Emily’s face.

“Ok so first tell me this, do you know anything about the guy or about ‘them’?”

He scoffed, “The guy’s a chicken! He just looks at her, smiles at her and well keeps looking at her with those... those bambi eyes. They have had a little ‘hey, what’s up’ chat when they both were waiting in the queue for being prepped up for their surgeries. Samantha, that guy is a lovesick puppy, he needs llooovvveee...” Nate sang in a weird high-pitched voice that just made me laugh out loud but I quickly covered my mouth to muffle it.

“Ahan, so how about we prepare a little blind date kind of thing for them?” I spoke after soberring up a little.

“I was thinking of a dinner date kinda thing? Evan told me that there is a roof here which has a spectacular view and the best thing about it is that nobody really goes up there.” Wow, he’s so sweet – A brownie point for Nate.

“Ok cool so let’s go shopping!” We quietly sneaked out of the building through the fire exit. The van took us to a closeby local market. It wasn’t very luxurious but had all the necessities and alot of handcrafted items up for sale.