-Chapter 37-

"Follow me," Andrea says, leading us all down a long corridor. Kane decided after our talk on the hill last night that we really should move out of the old hideout, despite the extra hassle it will be to move. Andrea said that the Year Movement would be able to house us for a few weeks if need be, so we all agreed to take her up on her offer. My only belongings are Amelia's crib, a backpack full clothes, my LR-5, and the book Paul leant to me, so moving out hadn't been hard for me.

   "Felisha," She says. "You will be the only one not sharing a room, so this room right here on the left is where you'll be able to stay for now."

   I force a smile onto my face, and nod. She hands me a crisp white card, pointing to a device on the door, and I slide the card in front of it. A green light flashes, and the door slides open in front of me. For such a small organization, their headquarters are gigantic. Everything is very pristine and tidy, making me feel out of place, even standing next to Kane's group.

   "Thank you," I say. "I'll get settled in right now, if that's okay?" Andrea nods, and I walk into the room, my breath catching in my throat.

   I had been expecting a nice room considering all I have seen so far in the building, but this is even better than what I had expected. Everything in the living room is white, with some black accents. The room is very modern, with all the newest technology. A large flat screen television dominates the wall to the right of me. A Hoverdesk sits idly in the corner, a brand new LR-9 perched on top, ready for use.

   I walk further into the living room, and look down a small hallway that must lead to the bedroom. I take a step in that direction, then stop when I notice a book sitting on a clean white coffee table. I take a closer look, and realize it is the same book my brother loaned to me, my copy stuffed into the bag on my back. I run my fingers over its cover. The only difference between this one and Paul's copy, is that this books appears to be a newer version of the one I was given.

   I continue down the hall, ready to put my stuff in the bedroom. Andrea had all of our belonging brought here in advance, which for me was really only Amelia's crib. My backpack stayed with me. Kane decided it would be easiest to have Amelia brought early too not wanting to have to make her ride in the truck with all of the rest of the men, and I was promised that one of his assistants was going to be watching over her until I arrived.

   "Hello?" I say, moving down the hall towards what I assume is my bedroom. I hear a chair move, then the door to the bedroom opens fully, revealing a petite woman, her hair slicked back into a bun. She smiles, extending her hand towards me.

   "I'm Olivia Walsh. I was asked to watch your little one until you arrived," She says, her smile warm and inviting.

   "Thank you," I say, feeling out of place again. "I appreciate it."

   "Your belongings have already been put away, and Amelia is currently taking a nap. If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to call," She says, patting my arm as she slips past me. "My number is in the directory on the Hoverdesk."

   I thank her again, then slip into the bedroom. I am still taken away by how much work has been put into these rooms, considering they aren't for permanent use. My bed has been made, and there's a bouquet of flowers in a black vase sitting on the nightstand. The room is huge, and I feel strange having it all to myself. The bed is king size, the closet is walk in-complete with a brand new wardrobe- and there are even two separate bathrooms.

   "Wow," I say to Amelia, who still appears to be asleep. "This is all pretty great."

   I take a seat on the big feather bed, letting myself sink into it, reminded of the bed in Kane's room. It feels nice to be able to relax and have some time to myself. After all that's gone on lately, I've had very little time where it was acceptable for me to be by myself.