Chapter One

Chapter One

I look at my reflection for a second then walk through the forest to hunt for food but that's not what I get, instead I encounter an imp. A monster not taller than five foot eight, all imps are small female or male. They have small wings, tails and fangs but this one looks more like a demon than an imp. Long red arms and legs, horn of Satan, long black hair that sticks along his spinal cord and around the tail.

Thank Gods he has pants or I'll puke to the nakedness I have for the day.

What should I do? I ask myself but Hades speak to me.

"Kill him." That's what he told me and there is some feeling inside me who wants to kill the little guy.

A moment later the imp look at me, scared. I know what to do that very moment, stab him in the chest to kill the imp but it feels like this killing is wrong.

"This is a game. You need to kill."

I clench my teeth at what he said in my mind and think that I have long nails in my hands. Nails that sharp enough to slice the imp bit by bit, piece by piece. The Imp's eyes got wider when he saw my nails then squeak like a mouse and run through the forest bed.

I follow him and he was my first kill.

"Nice one. You've done it well." Hades said to me. "Now, do you want to enter a new name for your character?" I clench my teeth again and nod.

"Why do I feel like we are on some RPG game?" I ask him while I walk through the dark forest.

"Because it is. And don't ask damned questions, you make yourself stupid, stupid."

"Oh yeah? Thank You nerd." I hear him make stressed sound.

"Fuck you."

"You too." That went fast and all of the time we kill players, we make everyone insane or play with them a little longer.

Make them love me, then kill them. Gain their trust and take away their items. That's the life for me in Glaru but everything change when I meet someone. That day was a no killing day. A day off for everyone to prepare or gain allied to feel free and fall in love with someone else. That's the new rule, have a day off once a week and search for love and allies for that day. If you don't found one, Glaru will kill you.

I went to the river to drink and bring to the centaur I found on the way here. I taught I was alone that moment. I didn't look around nor keep my guard up and then I saw that person. Looking at me like there's something inside me. I know that very moment who he is and I also knew that he don't know who am I.

A sudden pain came in my heart when I saw the little child registered as Neil, seven years old in his appearance and that is the name of his first born baby before I left him. All the names and abilities are on their heads like this was really a death game with characters on it and life force seen in the bar above their heads.

Is it seven years already? I asked myself only to hear Hades in my head.

"Don't be stupid, idiot. It's only been five years when you left him and as you wish, he didn't know who you are, and that kid; that's the God's restrain."

I tensed, just looking at him. Looking at my lover, the love one that I've been longing for five years is here, maybe looking for me but he wouldn't recognize me as the person he love the most. I'm a killer now and he won't take me back.

"Aren't you going to attack me?" I ask him, preparing myself for an attack but he just shake his head, no.

"Are you insane? He'll kill us!" the kid said it but my lover just look at him.