Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"He's awake" Roxy announce, excitedly.

I stare in front of me for three seconds before I respond.

I feel like I want to hug him for a moment but I didn't do it even though he makes me feel this way. Worried by the time he randomly fall asleep but I need to hide this feelings. I don't need him to know who I really am right now. It's dangerous and I don't want to worry him even more.

Ikiros is just pure and perfect, he is my angel and savior that's why I need to protect him from me.

Even though I hated the thought, I need to announce that I don't like him whole heartedly.

"That's good, my back hurts already." That's the only words I come up with. I don't want to hurt his feelings deeply but I guess it affect him at some point. "You passed out because of tiredness." I add, hearing the beating of my heart from getting excited to hear and see him moving again.

Ikiros is a person who trust everyone he just met. He loves to cook like he never did those things before and he even enjoyed every moment in the kitchen and serving me is the most precious moment in his life—that's what he told me. He always stays inside our little house in the middle of the forest near the main road leading to Milagrosa because he said he loves to wait for me after every hunt that the neighbors and I made for living.

The neighbors are ten miles away from our house but they are really good person, they always check on us if they have time to do it.

Ikiros is always worried about me and everything I did every day of my life with him.

It's not just me that he is worried about. One time, Mr. Jones has this pregnant cow and when it's the cow's laboring day he just run to Mr. Jones farm without telling me.

I just knew that he went there the next morning when I wake up without him beside me.

He always help others.

I don't know if he really loves our neighbors or other people we barely knew but he always find a way to help them, give money, food, clothes or even just talking to them.

Ikiros is searching ways to make everyone feel better, that's our life back then and we always share a smile after every of those trials.

I can't even believe that a person as perfect as him can be in love with me.

I wait for time to pass by, waiting for him to get tired of me but it never came.

Until the child was born.

I was a rainy morning when he came home late for lunch holding a basket like he didn't want it to get wet.

I thought it was a puppy that he always wanted but it's never been.

"Good morning Deston. How are you?" he ask with a simple smile and excitement, making me smile as well.

"I'm alright. Look Ikiros, I did our lunch to make up with all this years that you're the one cooking. I know you just love doing the house work but I think you're spoiling me too much so I did the house chores today." I answered, not looking at him but to the sink as I put the kettle down so we can have tea even if it's lunch time, he loves tea and I didn't ask him why.

"Okay," he giggle. "How good are you with child?" He ask. I can still hear the happiness in his voice. "I mean you have your brother right? He's young when you las saw him right?" He's in our bedroom when he said that, he's changing his clothes with that basket he has.