❄️Chapter One

Eyes scanning the piece of paper on his right hand, reading a recommendation of a student from Shin'O Academy thoughtfully.

Recommending one of their students who haven't been recruited yet among all graduates who already have been recruited by the Thirteen Court Guard Squads.

Upon hearing a knock on the door of his office, Head Captain Yamamoto raises his eyes, leaning his back on his chair and carefully setting down the paper on his desk then turns his gaze on the door.

"It's Lieutenant Chōjirō Sasakibe, permission to enter, sir!"

"You may enter," the elderly man calls. Lieutenant Sasakibe went in as soon as he got the permission to enter the office with Lieutenant of the Squad Eight, Nanao Ise, walking beside him.

He blinks his eyes in wonder when there's someone following the lieutenant behind who's in a standard Shinigami shihakushō uniform, but with a different color scheme.

Instead of wearing a black kimono as the usual attire of a Shinigami, she wore a red shitagi, a white kosode with red stripes, red hakama on which he thought that she might be a student from the Shin'ō Academy, steps in to his office.

"Head Captain Yamamoto, Captain Kyōraku," one of the lieutenant addresses, calling upon the attention of both Captains, pushing her eyeglasses over the bridge of her nose before returning back her gaze unto the girl with an eyebrow raised.

"She's the student who graduated earlier this year and recommended to be a full-pledged soul reaper by the academy. On which you ask us to bring her here. And here she is."

Captain Kyōraku glances back at the girl only to see her blank face, but it didn't hide her slightly visible scowl. He didn't think that she could be on her teen, though she appears to be shorter on her age.

Her long black hair in a hime-cut as a distinctive hair cut of the nobles lusciously shines at the sunlight and flows all the way down to her waist. Half of her hair was pinned up with a large kanzashi that resembles a red flower, a spider lily, that pokes up to the top of her head.

Just looking at the girl, Captain Kyōraku seem to doubt that she couldn't be the one who's name was written on the recommendation from the Shin'O Academy and graduated in only one full year on the Academy.

And he's quite sure that, he's not the only one who would think that, like the obvious one, Lieutenant Nanao, implying it too indirectly by just looking at the expression on her face, without the effort of hiding it to keep her opinions to herself.

Watching the two old man before her as they study her silently, the black haired girl leans her weight in one foot considering tapping it to show her impatience to the whole situation.

The Head Captain suddenly begins chuckling to himself, seemingly entertain by his own thoughts. He turned his gaze to the Lieutenants that are present in the room.

"Lieutenant Nanao," he called to get the attention of the Lieutenant, also snapping the other Lieutenant, his personal Lieutenant, Chōjiro Sasakibe who's in the middle of his yawning.

"What do you think? Do you have any suggestions like perhaps the academy had sent a wrong student so the one who's here should be sent back to the academy and bring the real one?" He asked to the two and turns his sight straight towards his Lieutenant, "And now, what's the matter with you?"

Lieutenant Sasakibe finishes his yawning and shrugs his shoulders before sighing, "I haven't slept in two nights, Captain," he admits.

The Head Captain just nodded to him and turns his attention to Miss Nanao.