Chapter 12

Evelyn's POV

I looked between the bed and Carter, expecting some sort of reaction from him as he travelled back and forth, shifting luggage and other materials in the room. He soon noticed my discomfort and came to stand right next to me.

"What's wrong? Do you not like it?" his worry almost made me chuckle.

"No, I love it!" I paused. "It's just, there is only one bed" he however, did chuckle, moving towards the bed and moving a pillow and a blanket towards the couch on the edge of the room.

"Better?" he questioned as he plopped himself down on it. I smiled, nodding slightly.

"Thanks" and for a brief moment, I had lost myself in my mate's eyes.

I was definitely not going to be able to survive longer without him, and I knew that slowly, very slowly, I was giving into him, taking him back despite all the hatred I still had towards him.

I guess fate was not to be messed with.

*****

"Alpha, Luna" everyone bowed in respect as Carter and I walked through the doors of the pack house towards Alpha Winchester's office.

My gaze met the floor whilst Carter's intimidating watch was high up as we quickly skimmed past the others, following the Beta of the Blue Moon to the thick brown doors that was thrown open as soon as we arrived. A young boy with soft blonde curls and deep gray eyes walked out of the room with a puff.

"Chace" the Beta had mentioned as the boy – Chace – simply ignored the beta and walked right past us.

"Pardon him, Alpha training is going pretty hard on him." The Beta had kingly commented before guiding us through the doors. So he is the future Alpha Winchester of the Blue Moons. My doubts were confirmed as soon as Alpha Winchester came into view. With the same brown curly hair and brown eyes, Alpha Winchester stood up from his seat, walking towards us and grasping my mate's hand into a light shake whilst sending me a short smile and bow.

"Alpha, Luna. Did you have a good night?" My mate's intimidating figure pulled me slightly closer, his hand a ghost of a touch on my lower back.

"We did. We appreciate your help." He nodded briefly.

"What else can we assist you with Alpha Carter?"

"As you know, there is a potential threat towards my Luna. Logan Braganza's hybrid pack has joined with the creators of the SOWP to capture my mate. We need your pack to join us if needed alongside my pack, a rogue pack and the Crescent Moon pack to the destruction of the hybrid pack. This needs to be put to an end" I bowed my head, slightly embarrassed that the number of packs were being put in danger just because of one person: me. My heart clenched at the effort my mate had put into saving my life, and I felt a tinge of hope that his word would in fact be true. Carter would win me, one way or another, and I would give into him, despite everything. He was my mate. And as much as I hated to admit it, I did have feelings for him.

Alpha Winchester nodded slightly, his eyes boring straight into my mate's.

"Very well, you have our word of support Alpha Jackson. You may stay here as long as you need. I believe you even have family here, John and Lacey Jackson?" My mate nodded firmly.

"That's right; John is my uncle, and Lacey my aunt. I'm sure Alyssa has grown too. If it wouldn't be much trouble, could we be escorted to them?"

"Of course. Enjoy your stay Alpha" he said, shaking Carter's hand once again and signalling the Beta to escort us to Carter's Uncle's house. His hand was still on the small of my back, guiding me through the large pack grounds.