The Real Kayla

Sophia POV

It has been two days since the hearing, and I haven't seen Kayla since. i've been busy with work but I had to go talk to her today to see how things were going for her at the childrens aid society. I grabbed my keys, and Kayla's file and was out the door. It is a ten minute drive from my office to were Kayla was sheltered.  As I started the car my phone vibrates in my pocket. I quickly pull it and answer it not bothering to look at the number.

"Hello" I said.

"Hi, it's me Demi!" 

"Hey, what's up." I asked.

"I just want to know how...how is Kayla?" she asked

"I haven't seen her since the hearing, but I'm headed to her right now." I answered.

"What's wrong you don't sound happy about it?" she asked concerned.

"I haven't seen her but I've talk to the care workeres there, and...there's been some concerens about her health." I said sadly.

"WHY! what's wrong? Did you take her to the doctor-" 

"Let me rephrase that, there have been concerns about her mental health, I am not sure myself but one of the reasons I have to go see her today is becaise of that and we made an appoinment with one of the psychologists at the Society." I said to her. A moment of silence.

"Um Sophia," she said nervously.

"Yes"

"Will it be all right if I come and see how she's doing?" she asked.

"Ahh-"

"Please, I really want to help her you know how tankful I am about what she did, and I just need to help her through this." She begged.

"Well, okay-"

"Oh my god, Thank you so so so much Sophia-"

"Calm down, I haven't finished, there is a but," I said, hearing her sigh, "There are going to be restrictions considering we don't know what Kayla has been up to, or what's going on." I finished.

"Yeah that is totally fine, um can you text me the road, and I'll be there" she said.

"Yeah I will"

"Okay thanks, and bye."

I texted her the road, and made my way as well.

Demi's POV

"And where do you think your going?" Max stood infront of my door blocking my way. He was in his suit, his nose still casted.

"Umm just out..." I said, hoping he would buy it even though I know he won't.

"Umm I think your not-"

"Umm yes, Max I really need to go." I begged.

"Demi you very well of all the paperazi, and the your fans going crazy ever since the...accident." He said, the pain clearly seen in his eyes when he said accident.

"Max I need to go-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm doing my job." Agh he wasn't going to budge, what a party poop.

"Fine Max have it your way" I said stubornly sticking my throat out at him, I turned around and went to my room.

"Where are you going?" he yelled after.

"I'm taking a shower, or is that too dangerous too" I said playfully.

"Yeah make sure you don't get soup in your eyes, I hear that-"