Complications

Day 2

I woke up with a pounding head ache, and mom staring at me. She was mad.

"You stole from me! you BITCH!" She squeeled. she yanked off my covers and dragged me from the leg off my bed. I could feel my body ache from yesterdays events on me. She dragged me out of my room. Before I could come to my senses and overcome the pounding in my head, she grabbed me from the back of my neck, pushing my head. 

My eyes open wide in panic,as water flooded into my my mouth. I sruggled trying to get loose from her grip, she oushed me in deeper. I could feel the life being sucked out of me, Is this how dying feels? Just as I started to feel faint, I was pulled out, I choked out the water. My eyes blurring my vision. She pulled my up by my hair, as I took in deep breathes. I really tried to get her to let go of me, but it was usless. I'm too small too weak.

She pulled me into the kitchen. She sa me on the counter. She looked for the salt, adn when she finally found in the dirty kitchen she poured it onto the floor in two piles. 

"Get down, on your knees, now!" She said pointing at the salt. I got off walking past her as she spamked me at the back of my head. I looked at the salt knowing how much will hurt.

I bent down, on to my knees, I could feel each piece of salt digging into my skin. "You move or make a single , I'm going to wipe you with my belt". She said squeezing my cheeks in between my teeth. She lets go, and spit infront of me.

I couldn't help it I made the quitest agonizing sound, but she heard and wiped me on my back 3 times. I cried and screamed each time. It was painful.

She made me sit there for 10 minutes, each second I counted. She wiped me seven more  times, 3 because I moved and four for fun.

"That will teach you not to steal from me, now pick up the mess you little shit head." She walked out the house. I'm just glad it's over.

Demi's POV

I could hear the clock tiking away,I remebered how earlier today Kayla was talking about time. How you can hear it. Is this what she meant? Kayla, I thought, I miss you. All I want to do is just run to her in the operation room and just snuggle her, make her cold skin warm up, kisss her and tell her I'm here for her like anyother mother would do.  I tried do hard not to cry, not to let a single tear escape my grasp, but I wanted to be with Kayla.

"Demi, are you okay? You can talk to me." Sophia's voice broke my thought, I realized that I was crying. 

"I-It's Kay-la" I choked out.

"Shhh, she's strong, she will pull through this, shh." Sophia gave me a hug comforting me. "It's going to all get better." Sophia said, I could hear the worry in her voice, I could tell she was staying strong.

I began to calm down, sobbing a little. Sophia still hugging me, one hand on my head. "Kayla will make it." I said trying to convince myself.

There was a knock on the door, Sophia retrieved from me. The doctor walked in. "Hey guys, I know it's been a rough night for you all. As you guys know that Kayla's in surgery, she's doing great, but there have been some complications." He said letting it sink in. I felt the panic hit me and the tears started again. I felt Sophia's hand on my knee.

"Oh gosh, what happened?" She asked the doctor the question i couldn't get into my head.

" Well, her left rib collapsed, oxygen is collecting in the space between her ribs and lung. This happened during surgery. We had to place a chest tube to release the air, but we have to keep it there to prevent more oxygen gathering. She is stable now, and the surgery is going well." He finished.