Unbreakable

Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter. 

***

Demi's POV

I felt the pressure release first from my neck, then my back, but my arms were still tied when everyone walked in turning on the lights. I was lying flat on my stomach facing the opposite side but when I scrambled the other way I saw three horrified faces staring at me, it was kinda funny. Then I saw Kayla sitting against the wall hands clenched. What the fuck was that about?

I gulped trying to process what had happened, like everyone else except for Kayla because she's already on her feet grabbing my shirt from the shoulder making me stand. That's when I realized that Kayla's real tough, I mean physically. She turned me around and I heard a rip and my hands were free.

“I thought you were someone else” She quietly said.

I finally found my voice and spoke, “Kayla, you don't just jump someone like that, especially when their living with you in the same home.”

“House, not home.” She said looking me square in the eye, no remorse for what she had just done.

I moved my head to everyone else who had shifted out of the doorway and into the kitchen and I felt a sting on my neck. My hand immediately reaching for it, sending another sting. My finger was wet, I knew with what.

I looked at Kayla's hand and in it was a knife.

“Demi, your bleeding.” I heard my mom say.

“Huh, oh, yeah I know.” I hesitantly moved my eyes from Kayla to meet my moms.

“Let's go Madison.” Dallas said to Madison, heading back downstairs. I thanked her silently. Madison doesn't need to witness this.

I looked to her and she gave me a worried look, “I'm fine. Go with Dallas Mads.” I gave her a weak smile, but any fool could read right through it.

I don't know how to respond to this. I honestly have no idea.

“Kayla where are the band aids.” my mom asked.

I looked at Kayla when she didn't answer, but Kayla is just starring back at me, not moving. If it wasn't for her chest moving when she breathed I would have been really worried. Not that I am already.

My mom walked further into the kitchen going through drawers and cabinets. “There's got to be something here, some peroxide.” She went on.

I was looking back at Kayla as I walked up to her. A foot away and she still kept her eyes on me like a hawk. No more like a prey being hunted down, watching the move of her predator, every move, listening to every breathe. I reached for her hand, the one with the knife. She didn't move, but when I touched her hand I felt it tense up, like she's ready to run. I reached for the knife but she had a good grip on it.

“Kayla, give me the knife.” Her eyes were like darts and my eyes the target. I could feel the awkward creeping on to me, I ignored it. Her grip only tightened.

I gave her a stern look. “Kayla, the knife.”

Her eyes moved a miniscule amount her focus on my mom. “Kayla, hun gimme the knife.”

Kayla's POV

My minds splitting, falling collapsing inside me, torn between things that I never thought would happen. A beat in my chest pounding so loud I felt my veins holding it in place as it tried to escape. My brain racing, pacing, as it seemed grow bigger and bigger in my head and is about to burst. My body no longer in control of me. Anger possessed me like the evil inside my soul. I am no longer...