Kayla's Secret

Kayla's POV

Sink into the darkness once again I shall disappear, I swear there will be no mercy, once I'm gone no one will know as I consume myself into the fogs death. Let the blood drip from the clouds, let this twisted fantasy unwind itself when I'm gone no will know. 

Your going, I can see you fade away, fall into the darkness.

Demi's POV

I knocked on the door urgently, the farm house was not hard to find, it is the only one out here. The door unlocked, a lady that looked like she was in her early 30's opened it.

"Hello!", she said smiling.

"It's Kayla", I said pointing to my car. I felt a ter drop rush down my face. She saw my worried look and followed me to the car.

"MARTY! GET OUTSIDE NOW!" she yelled as we walked to my car.

I opened the door to where Kayla lied, her face gone  more white, my scarf dripping with her blood. "We have to get her inside." A husky voice came from behind me. I turned to see a man, who I presume is Marty. He immediatly picked her up in his arms and headed for the house. We followed.

He headed upstairs, "What happened?" the lady asked.

"Wolf attack", I said. "We were headed for the stake house, and ended up with the flat tire, and Kayla, and the wolfs." I said not making sense.

"Marty get my kit, I'll see how I can help, but those wounds don't look good. And call the 911, I'll take it from here." She said as he placed her on a bed.

She took off my scarf, and blood poured out. "Yeah that's going to need stitches." Marty walked in some medical stuff. "Use to be a nurse, but that's not going to cut." She patched up the wound to stop the bleeding. "How do you know Kayla?" she asked.

"I'm her legal gurdian, her parents passed away." I said looking down. 

"Your that famous girl, the one that went to rehab?"

"Yeah."

"You do a lot, I've seen you on tv. You could be good for Kayla." She said. I looked at her confused, She was cleaning out the blood from her leg. "Her childhood was cut short, poor girl hit life hard at a very young age, a huge reason why she's diferent from other kids her age. But she's a tough one, I'll tell you that." she asnswered my confusion, but left me with several questions.

"She is, and tough to talk to, I feel as if she doesn't want me around her." I honestly told her.

"She makes everybody feel like that, it's her way of saying I want to be left alone." She said, lifting Kayla's shirt. "She talks to you right?"

"Yeah, well sort of, she talks to me but doesn't say anything." I said trying to make sense of the sentence myself. 

"I know what you mean, if she talks to you, she'll start saying things to you. It took me lots of time to get her to open up. Yup thats a K9 tooth. Where is this from?" She said pointing to the bleeding injury from the accident.

"That's from the car accident. That's how we met, and that was when her parents died." I said. 

I began hearing the sirens from the ambulance. She got up and left the room. Kayla looked so lonely and fragile. My heart sank into my stomach. "What if...what if she doesn't make it?" I whispered to myself. I walked up to her, standing on the side of the bed. I lifted my arm and lightly placed it on her cold pale forhead. I felt the tears rising in my eyes, getting heavier as I denied to let them loose.

 A man and a woman in uniforms ran into the room, "What's her name?" the woman asked.

"Kayla...Kayla McGrath." I choked out.