Thursday, August 22

Thrusday, August 22

Sorry I was cut short yesterday. Mom wanted me to help clean and prepare for a party she is hosting tonight. I have no idea what kind of party or why she is holding tonight and not tomorrow.

Back to what happened.

I pushed Frank inside and closed the front door. I knew I was being rude but I didn't want the Epikindynos anywhere near Frank. Even though none of them looked like the shadow E's (we agreed that the ones in Franks drawing were going to be called shadows) I still didn't want to be around them.

"Frank calm down." He had started to fidget again. "It is ok. They won't be coming anywhere near you."

"How do you know?"

I remembered what Granddad had told me about this house. "Your house has a protective shield around it." I placed my hands on his shoulders.

His eyes light up like a little kid seeing cake. "Really? How do you know?"

I sighed. Frank loves to challenge everything I say. "Because my Grandfather told me so." I playfully stuck my tongue out at him and released his shoulders.

"Is your Grandfather spying on me?" He returned the gesture and I nudged him with my shoulder.

"Ok stop playing around we need to find out why they were following me."

"Maybe they have a crush on you" Frank says shrugging nonchalantly.

My jaw drops and he starts laughing. It is a good hearty laugh. And very contagious. I hide my laughing behind a smile. Both the laughing and the smiling fades when everything starts flashing red. Sirens blare from speakers I didn't know were there. A very frantic Billy ran into the room and started to tear the couch apart.

"Dad what are you doing?" Frank rushed to his fathers side. "What does that--"

"Here" Billy tossed a flashing a beeping device at the both of us. "Stay close to me"

The window creaked and I jumped. An E was standing and pushing on the window. The front door was getting pounded on. I jumped even further when someone grabbed my wrist. Frank dragged me throught the house after his dad.

I looked down at the thing in my hand. "What is this?" I yelled.

"Just keep it!" Billy threw over his shoulder.

I kept my mouth shut until we came up to the closet in what I think is Franks room. Billy moves the clothes and a scanner apears on the wall. I laugh because I couldn't help thinking of Narnia.

He scanned his hand and walked through it. "It wont let you in without recognition. Those devices will tell it you are with me. The wall becomes intangible after a correct scanning."

Frank nodded and scanned his device. He put one leg into the wall when a crashing came from the front of the house.

My heart stopped. I turned around to see and hear many E's tearing through the house.

"Frank go!" I shoved his paralyzed body through the wall and went in after him (not before scanning my device).

"Dad?" Franks shaking voice and trembling body was too much for his Father. I could tell Billy hated seeing his son like this. "H-how did they get in?"

"One of them broke the signal for the shield. I don't think it is repairable."

I sat down in the small room we were in and covered my face with my hands. "I should've known this would happen." I continued to mumble things to myself about how I could have stopped it.

I felt someone slid in next to me. Knowing it was Frank I turned my back to him. He touched my arm gently.

"It is not your fault."

"It sure as hell is." I stood up and moved to the corner. "On the roof of the school. . . someone was bringing the E's into this world. Releasing them from whereever they come from." I stated out loud what I was just mumbling to myself

Billy just stood there nodding and listening. I don't think he likes me. I think he thinks I am working for the E's.

We stayed there, me sitting in the corner, Frank next to me, and his dad sitting across the room. I didn't fall asleep, but the other two did. Frank rested his head on my shoulder. The thick black hair tickled my nose. I didn't care.

As soon as the rumbling, wailing, and the vandalism of the ghosts stopped, I poked Franks side. He woke his father and we walked out to inspect the damage. Just some broken picture frames and torn clothing. Nothing real expensive.

I helped clean up. Afterwards Frank insisted on walking me home.

"Stay safe." Franks black orbs looked into my blue ones. "I mean It."

"You too."

He embraced me quickly and walked away. I ran inside, closed and locked the door, and ran upstairs to watch him go down the street.

-----------------------------------------

Ok I'm back again. DId you guys like this short chapter?

Please make sure to press the button that says vote and the one that saus comment and give me some advice. Should I do this or that better or bring this or that dosn a notch or keep it the same? I need advice to keep you guys happy and reading!

Thank you for reading! Live Laugh Dream! Smile Vote and Comment. Have a wonderful day or night or whatever time it is

~Grace W.