Don't ever die on me again (Thomas)

Y/n POV

I knew having a boyfriend in the glade was a bad idea. But I need someone to make me feel real, to feel happy.

Thomas has always been so generous to me, he would always offer the last of his meals to me and always stand watch to make sure nobody comes in whilst I have a shower. He protected me.

•••

One after noon the sun began to set. I was sitting with chuck talking about the stuff we remembered like the taste of a big hamburger or the smell of rain.

We began to hear the walls start to shift, like it does every night and morning. But now everyone began running over to the left wall.

"What's happening?" I ask chuck, but he just shrugs in response. We stood up and began to walking over there with the others.

"Newt what's happening?" I ask as I approach him.

"The runners aren't back yet." He says without his eyes leaving the maze.

The walls begin closing and that was when we saw them Minho was pulling alby along the ground. They weren't going to make it in time. The walls were  going to close.

We all continuous kept calling out their names as it was the most help we could do at that moment. But then suddenly out of the act of courage and bravery Thomas sprinted. He pushed himself all the way through the walls.

I quickly out of reflex I tried to run after him but newt instability grabbed hold of me. I watched the doors close right as Thomas was trying to help pull alby to the doors.

Then within the last 3 seconds of the wall making contact with the other wall he mouthed three last words that I thought I will ever hear come out his mouth again, " I love you." Followed by a tear streaming down his cheek.

Right then was when I knew I would never see him again.

Everybody began walking away, "what are you guys doing?!" I say hysterically crying.

"Well there's nothing we can do now, nobody survives a night in the glade," Newt truthfully said.

That was when I dropped to the ground, unable to comprehend that I have just lost the love of my life, my protection, the only thing that was keeping me sane here.

A few hours have past and it was dinner time. I was still rocking myself back and forth with constant streams of tears running down my face.

Chucked walked over and took a seat beside me. "You need to eat," he held a ceramic bowl in front of my face.

"I'm not hungry." I say with a croaked voice.

"You know, when Thomas came here before you, I would talk to him all the time and listen to his crazy stories."

"What stories?" I asked, hopefully these stories will make me feel happy and remember Thomas for the good guy he was.

"He would randomly wake up some nights and say the most weirdest things, like one time he woke me up and asked me if I have ever heard of Starbucks?" I instantly laugh. I remember Starbucks and I never took Thomas as a White girl before.

"He was also very clumsy." He took a spoonful of his soup and began talking.

"He didn't know that we had holes out near the forest were we keep the excess animal poo. So he went for a walk one day and he fell into 3 poo holes." Then chuck laughed so hard that bit of soup came out his nose.

"Ugh, I'll be back, I'm just going to wipe my nose." I nod in response and then he leaves.

A few minutes later he comes back, "y/n?"  He whispers. I had falling asleep with a smile on my face with the last thoughts of Thomas' smile.

Chuck ran back to the group and got gally. They walked back over to me and he notices' me asleep. Gally squatted down and scooped me up carrying me in bridal style to the beds. He softly places me down onto my bed and pulls the blankets over my body.

He turns to chuck, "make sure nobody disturbs her. She needs her sleep and she'll be upset about Thomas for a few days." He whispers and chuck nods.

•••

The next morning the doors open. Everyone was standing around the door besides me. I was still knocked out cold asleep. They waited for at least half an hour and they decided to turn around and walk away. But the suddenly they hear yells of a boy and they turn back around with hope filling their eyes.

Thomas and Minho were carrying alby and walking out of the maze with the largest smiles on their face. They became legends of the ones who survived the maze.

"You guys are so brave!" Chuck spoke.

"Thomas was the one with the courage, he hid alby and killed a griever." Minho pats Thomas on the back.

"He what?!" Everybody says in unison.

Gally pats Thomas on the back, "you're not that bad shank."

"Hey newt where y/n?" Thomas asked beginning to worry.

"She was crying all last night thinking that she lost you but she's asleep right now." Tears began to form in Thomas' eyes.

Thomas pushed his way through the crowd and headed towards the sleeping area. He spotted me asleep on my normal hammock. He walks over to me and notices' the dark bags that were developed underneath my eyes. He softly caress' my hair and plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

He leaves the sleeping area and heads towards the bathroom. On the way there he ran into newt,

"Hey did you wake her up?" He asks.

"No, she looked really tired so I'll let her sleep."

"Good idea, go have a shower you stink." He punches his nose jokingly.

"Ha ha very funny." Thomas laughs and walks into the showers.

•••

I felt something soft and cold touch my forehead and I awoke. Maybe it was a dream. I got up off the bed and left the sleeping area.

I walked out and I saw everyone having breakfast, smiling and laughing. How could they be so happy?!

I sighed and walked into the bathroom. Thomas used to always check the bathrooms for me to make sure no guys were already in there before I showered. But I forgot about checking this time. I walked straight in and u beard the water running. I didn't even get a glimpse of who I walked in as I quickly covered my eyes.

"Ah I'm so sorry."

"Y/n" I hear a way to familiar voice. I lower my hand that was covering my eyes and stood there was my naked boyfriend very much alive. I must be dreaming., this can't be real.

"T-t-Thomas?" I stutter.

"Baby, I'm so happy to see your beautiful face."

"I thought you died. I thought those glimpses of you on the other side of the walls were the last I was ever going to see you." I began to cry again.

He took my into his hold and held me once again, keeping me safe. Protecting me.

"Don't you ever die on my again!" I say before I place a kiss on his lips.

"I promise." He said in between kisses.