⌈prologue⌋

(Y/N) POV

I ran down the muddy path that leads into the woods. My backpack slung over my shoulder as I had a big smile on my face. The last day of school was finally over, and I was free at last. My earbud cord bounced as I sped through the forest.

I had reached the opening in the woods, panting and trying to get my breath back to a slow pace. I slid my hands down to my knees, with my head tucked into my neck, eventually being able to breathe through my nose. As soon as I picked my head up, a boy who didn't look too much older than me was looking down at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"AHH!" I screamed falling back onto my bottom, scooting away from the boy, getting my hand caught in the cord of my earbuds. The cord had a tight grasp on my wrist, making my hand slip on the ground and slicing it open.

"Uhh," The boy said, holding out his hand. "You okay?" He chuckled.

I shake my head. "Well, I didn't just trip over my feet, or cut my hand open," I start. "But I did, however, pause my music. End of the world."

"Sorry about the hand, smartass." He huffed, making me giggle. I grabbed his hand with my left hand, and he pulled me up. "Never got your name," I say, trying to start a conversation. "What is it?"

"Bill. Bill Cipher."

"(Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N)." You say, copying him.

"Lovely name, darling."

You roll your eyes at his 'pet name.' "Don't call me that, Cipher."

"I'm just teasing. It's my thing," He states. "Just like being a smartass is your thing."

You wince, and looking down at your hand. It was stinging like fire, and you felt water come to your eyes just at the feel of it.

"We should get you cleaned up, Hmm?" He said, lightly grabbing your wrist. He started to untangle the cord, accidentally touching your gash. You yelp in pain, and he quickly pulls away.

"Sorry, (N/N)." Bill smiles.

You look at his eyes. "In the five minutes we've met, you've already made a nickname for me?"

He just nods and goes back to unwrapping the strap. "You call me Cipher," Bill speaks, finishing unwrapping the cord. "So I'll call you (N/N), how about that deal?"

"Alright then, Cipher." You chuckle.

"Let's go; we don't need any more injuries." Bill started, picking up my backpack and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"For all I know, you could be trying to get me killed."

"Well, I'm not."

We continued to walk back the way I came from, and I sigh in response. Bill turns his head towards me in a slow panic, making sure I didn't do anything to my hand. I nudged him slightly to inform him I was okay, and he squeezed me for a second. I felt hot, and I touched my cheek with my uncut hand to feel my face.

I was.. Blushing?! I just met this kid, and I'm blushing?!

"You okay, kiddo?"

I clear my throat. "Fine. It's just a little... Hot out here."

And that's a completed prologue for you people! It's already cringeworthy. Hooray.

(532 words)