Chapter 3. Classes And Mentors

Ellie's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to find Mikaela with her head cocked to the side, looking and frowning at her appearance in the mirror. I yawned as I slowly sat up. She was wearing short denim jeans and a lacy top.

"What are you doing?" I asked her sleepily.

"I need to get ready for One Direction. I don't know when they are coming, but I need to be absolutely ready and prepared for when they actually do." She said as she started to apply mascara to her lashes.

I closed my eyes and groaned when I remembered the night before and fell back onto my pillow, not ever wanting to get back up. Mikaela looked over at me in the mirror and chuckled.

"Well you're going to have to get up because they are sorting us into classes today, and giving us the timetables."

I rolled my eyes and slowly got out of bed and changed into a simple t shirt and skinny jeans without applying any make up or fixing my hair. I opened the door but was stopped by Mikaela.

"What are you doing?" She was dressed and ready by now. "You can't just go out like that to see the boys, you won't make any impression on them whatsoever!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "I have never wanted to make an impression on Harry Styles and I doubt I ever will. And it looks like those friends of his are exactly the same as him, therefore, I don't care." I strode past her, pulling her along with me, with her protesting fingers grasping her lip gloss bottle.

When I let go of her, Mikaela directed me to the Main Hall where we were supposed to be sorted into to classes. We tried to choose seats near the back, but they were nearly all full, so we were closer to the front than I wanted to be. As we sat down, an older looking guy, in a suit and tie walked out and introduced himself as Mr Flemming and the principal of the school. He was telling us about all the rules and regulations, but I found myself slowly zoning out.

It was only when I felt Mikaela nudging me when I jerked out of my trance and found Mr Flemming looking at me with great dislike already.

"As I was saying..." as he stared at me, "we are greatly honoured to have with us, for two months, world wide sensation, One Direction."

I looked around and at this statement there was wild chatter that broke out all around the room. I saw the girl that I had bumped into yesterday smirking to herself. She was wearing the tighest, shortest top I had ever seen that could hardly even qualify as a top, because it covered next to nothing and her boobs were practically spilling out of it. She had hot pants on and her hair was perfectly falling off her shoulders.

The hall fell silent by a loud call from Mr Flemming, and all of a sudden he was gesturing towards the curtain to present One Direction. Mikaela was nearly having a heart attack next to me, and so was was everyone else, basically. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I tried to think positive, convincing myself that he might have changed, and it may not be as bad as I kept thinking it was. But then he stepped out...

That ridiculous smile, thinking that he was better than everyone else. The ways those eyes just looked at the girls, looking up their pants, and down their tops and laughing at their flaws. The way he flipped and ruffled his curls so that he always had to look so "perfect". It was sickening. I must have been staring at him with such dislike, because Mikaela nudged me for the second time, still not taking her eyes off of him.

The applause continued and the boys and Harry just stood there and smiled, although Harry's was more of a smirk. When the applause finally died down Mr Flemming announced that each member of One Direction would act as a mentor to each class, guiding them with professional advice. I mentally groaned, thinking that my chances were quite high of getting Harry as a mentor. There was no fucking way I was going to let him tell me what to do with 'professional' advice.

My Flemming started to read out the names of the classes. Pretty soon, Louis, Zayn and Niall had been assigned to a class, none of which I had had the fortune to have been put into. Mr Flemming started on the next class, reading the names in alphabetical order. Avery, Jordan ; Brown, Callum ; Clara, Genevieve ; Isaac, Mikaela. Mikaela slowly got up and walked up the stage to join the class, with a small smile my way. Mr Flemming continued till the name Zach, Hallie, who just so happened to be the perfect bitch that I had bumped into. Her shorts hardly covered her ass as she walked up the stairs, but not without a wink towards Harry. I followed his eyes as he looked her up and down, before he returned to looking at the audience, which by then I had dropped my gaze because I was determined not to let him know that I go here.

"Thank you," Mr Flemming said to the students on stage. "You will be class 16 and most of you will be glad to know that you will be having Mr Harry Styles as your mentor for the next two months."

I felt a huge weight being lifted off my chest as the realization that Harry wasn't going to be my mentor finally sunk in. My face stretched into a huge grin.

"Oh... just a second." Mr Flemming started to say squinting at the paper he was holding. "It seems I have made a mistake. Laker, Ellie is also supposed to be in this class."

My eyes widened as I realised what he had just said. No, no, no, no. I slowly stood up and every pair of eyes in the room followed my every step. I looked up to see Hallie laughing to some other clone of her. I shot her a look of anger and continued to climb the stairs. But of course, my foot hit the underside of the stairs, and I felt myself falling. I fell at the feet of Hallie who burst out in laughter and pointing at me. The whole hall was silent.

"Better watch out, your big feet are going to be the death of you one day." The hall burst out in laughter and I looked up to see Harry Styles with his eyes full of surprise to see me, but still teasing and mockery, and his grin stretched out like he had just won the lottery.

Fuck my life...