Chapter 13. Arguments

Ellie's P.O.V

My breath hitched in my throat, and all of a sudden an image of Harry flashed up in my mind. I shook my head, wondering why Harry had suddenly come up. I opened my mouth, and then closed it again, in fear of saying the wrong thing. Callum was looking at me questioningly and my heart was hammering against my rib cage.

Ever since Harry had started teasing me, not one boy had come up to me and asked me out. I wanted to say yes to Callum, but for some reason it just didn't feel completely right. At that moment, Mikayla had walked up to us.

"Hey Ellie! What are you doi--" she paused at the sight of Callum.

"Uh, just get back to me," he said with a smile. He briefly held my hand into his and he slipped a piece of paper into it. "My number for when you have your answer," he told me as he walked off and leaving me with Mikayla.

Mikayla turned to me with a gaping mouth. "Who was that?"

"Just some guy." I said nonchalantly. "He asked me out." I pretended to act like I didn't care but my heart was still pounding.

"But Ellie! What about Harry?"

I slowly turned to face her. "Excuse me? What about Harry?"

She seemed at a loss for words. "Uh, well I just meant that, well I thought you and Harry were going to get together, because you're friends now and everything and..."

I stared at her. I couldn't believe my ears. "Have you not listened to everything that I told you about what he's done to me?" I nearly screamed at her. I felt bad, but her words had hit a sensitive nerve. Mikaela looked at a complete loss for words.

"I'm... I'm reallt sorry Ellie, I didn't mean it, I just thought it."

"Well you thought wrong," I said and walked away from her.

~~~

I walked back to my room, and the boys were all there.

"Ellie!" They all looked genuinely happy to see me, and despite my anger, I did smile.

"What have you been up to love?" Louis asked me. Harry was surprisingly quiet.

"Uh, I've just been to acting, and I rehearsed a scene with this guy called Callum. It was uh... nice." I took a deep breath and collapsed on the couch.

"What's wrong El?" Liam asked.

"Nothing, I just had a fight with Mikaela." All the boys's heads snapped up to look at me.

"What? Why?" They all asked. Harry's gaze remained firmly at the ground.

"Uh...well." I had completely forgotten where this conversation would lead if I had told them about Mikaela. "Well..."

'Come on El. What happened?' Niall prompted.

"Well... she caught me talking to a guy." The boys looked at each other trying to find a problem with what I just said. I tried to find the courage to tell the boys what he had told me. "It was Callum, and uh, Mikaela sort of voiced her opinion on..." I heaved a sigh. "He asked me out and Mikaela... said something and I reacted and... yeah."

Harry's head had snapped up to stare at me. "With Callum? Callum asked you out? After only one scene in a fucking play?"

The boys had identical expressions of shock written all over their faces.

'Ellie, what did you say?' Zayn asked seriously. 'And is what Haz said right? You have actually only known the guy for one scene in a play?"

I closed my eyes and laughed humourlessly. "You are all incredible. This is my fucking life and I can deal with it ok? If I want to go out with someone, then I can, because it's not you're fucking business. Oh and also, if you think I am suddenly going to fall in love with Harry then forget it." I stood up and walked out of the room.

I was nearly in tears by the time I reached the front door of the school. I was so confused by what I felt and how I had reacted, and guilty at all the people I had hurt today. So I just ran. I ran all the way to the main shopping street, where I sat with my head in my hands. I felt so angry, but I didn't even know why. They were just trying to do what was best for me, but I just couldn't stand it. I hated people who acted like they cared.

I looked in my pocket for my phone, and when I pulled it out, a piece of crumpled paper fell out with it. I stared at the paper for some time, and then I picked up my phone uncertainly. I dialled a number and brought the phone up to my ear. I heard the reciever being picked up on the other end.

"Callum, it's Ellie." I took a deep breath. "I want to go out with you. Nothing else would please me more.'

I hung up with a feeling of satisfaction, that they couldn't control my life. But no matter how hard I tried to stop it, Harry kept flashing up in my mind, and I couldn't help but wonder what consequences my agreeing to this relationship would trigger.

~~~

Harry's P.O.V 

It was blank. Everything was blank. My mind wouldn't work as the lads chattered around me at Ellie's latest news. Acting class had destroyed me. To basically see Ellie and I's life acted out through other people. The similarities were too close, and seeing Ellie's face as she kissed Callum, I don't know what it did to me. It was like seeing my girlfriend cheating on you, being acted out in a play.

And her latest announcement. I don't know why I cared so much. I was over her, and clearly, she was never even into me. I looked up to see Louis staring into my blank eyes.

"Haz, you ok?"

I nodded my head and attempted a smile, but even I knew that Louis wasn't going to fall for that.

"Look Haz," he whispered. "But if you really want to be with her, you need to tell her that. She has no idea, and I'm pretty sure she isn't going out with Callum just to hurt you. You called a truce."

My eyebrows knitted as I rejected what Louis had said. I didn't like Ellie. I didn't and I definetely did not want to be with her. I started to explain all about the play, and how similar it was to our lives, and how seeing the scene between Ellie and Callum basically made me feel... wrong.

"Harry, you are going to need to sort out your feelings towards Ellie, because you are confusing me, and yourself even more. And when you're done, tell her how you feel."

I looked at his figure disappearing into the kitchen I thought about his words. But I honestly didn't know how I felt about Ellie, and I didn't even know where to go to start to figure it out.