Chapter 5. Little Things

Ellie's P.O.V

I felt the tear slowly running down my cheek and I cursed myself for my weakness, and how easily Harry got to me. I angrily brushed the tear away and suddenly I heard running footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Mikaela, breathless running towards me. She saw my tear and quickly wrapped her arms around me. I squeezed my eyes shut and I wished that I had never ever met Harry Styles.

"Why is he so mean to you Ellie?"

I shook my head not wanting to explain why I hated him so much. I took a deep breath and I slowly felt the embaressment and sadness leave me, but the anger was still there all bottled up. It gets easier every time.

~~~

We walked to our next class, which was supposed to be music. As soon as we walked into the room Mikaela let out a huge gasp. Harry and the rest of his band was standing there along with the music teacher, who, according to the whiteboard, was Miss Chiler.

"Hello class. If you will look to the board you will see that my name is Miss Chiler. I hope that you will all enjoy your time here and that you will learn a lot during it. Today, I was just thinking that I would split you up into pairs and you could just practice a song and perform at the end of the lesson to the rest of the class, just to show me and everyone else your talent and how knowledgable you are on music itself."

I looked around the room in fright of the chance of having Harry as a partner. Hallie already had her arm wrapped around her clone, showing that she already had a partner.

Miss Chiler interuppted the loud chatter that had broken out. "Uh no, sorry girls, but this exercise was also supposed to be about meeting new people and making new friends, so to do that, I will be forming the pairs."

She started pointing at different people, forming them into pairs. She then pointed at the one of the boys from One Direction, and then, with a moments pause, at me. I breathed a long sigh of relief and made my way over to the boy with the shaven head. He smiled at me as I walked over to him.

"Hi. I'm Liam."

I grinned back at him and introduced myself.

"Oh yeah, I recognise you as the girl that Haz has got a problem with."

I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it again.

"Don't worry. Im not judging you or anything, and I don't want you to tell me anything about why you hate each other."

I smiled at him and we started to flick through the music sheets that Miss Chile had given us.

"How about The A Team by Ed Sheeran?" We both asked in unison. Liam laughed and I noticed just how cute his eyes were when they crinkled up. We decided what parts we were going to sing and we went outside and just practiced. Liam's voice was amazing and while practicing he told me all about his girlfriend and the rest of his band, but he conveniently left out talking about Harry.

We both walked back into the room, laughing at Liam's impression of his mate Andy. I noticed Harry look up from his music sheet at us. He stood up and walked over, I prepared myself for the worst.

"Why are you talking to her Liam? She doesn't obviously doesn't want any friends from the way that she's dressing."

Liam raised his eyebrows and replied cooly, "Haz, she's nice and funny and I want to hang around with her."

I smiled at Liam, and I noticed Harry glaring at him. I decided it was probably time to walk away, and as I did, I turned around I saw Harry giving Liam am annoyed look.

We all sat down on the provided chairs at Miss Chile's call, and different pairs started to get up and perform. They were all really good and I started to feel my heart speed up as our turn loomed nearer and nearer. When it was our turn, Liam got up and smiled at me to stand up as well.

I slowly stood up, well aware of the glares I was getting from both Hallie and Harry. I stood out the front and Liam played the backing track.

He sang the first verse perfectly, hitting all the right notes and dynamics. Then it was my turn..

"And they say she's in the class A Team. Stuck in her daydreams. Been this way since 18 but lately..."

I opened my eyes as we sang the last note and the class erupted with applause, although Hallie was looking determinely at the ceiling and Harry just looked stunned. Pride blossomed in my chest and I smiled.

"Well done! That was probably the best performance this lesson." Miss Chile praised.

I walked back to my chair, my cheeks burning with happiness. Mikaela whispered congratulations in my ear, and I thanked her.

"Well class, that was excellent, and an extra special bravo to others." Miss Chile said with a smile in my direction. "We are also very fortunate to have the boys from One Direction performing today, so here they are."

The boys got up and I smiled at Liam, and also at the blonde haired boy who smiled at me as well. He picked up his guitar and started to play.

Their voices were really amazing and I was enjoying it, until Harry started to sing.

"You never want, to know how much you weigh. You still have to squeeze into your jeans but you're perfect to me."

He sang it with so much sincerity I almost believed him. But it was lies. His voice was ok... but my eyes started to well up with the lyrics he was singing. He didn't mean it, he didn't mean any of it. I started to think about what our relationship might have been if he hadn't hurt me.

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if it's true

It's you,

It's you they add up to

I'm in love with you

And all your little things."

They ended the song and I clapped with everyone else, but not for Harry. The sadness had gone and it was just replaced with more anger. It was those little things that made it hard for me to forgive that curly haired boy for what he had done to me.

A/N

Aww! Okay, so I saw the comment that @Zzzsss00123 posted. Such a sweetheart! <3 The comment made me happy!!! :) I don't really know her but go follow her!

Shout outs:

@Zzzsss00123

Byeeee babes!!! :) Love you all!!!

Please,

COMMENT

VOTE

AND

FAN !!!!

xx.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------