Chapter 8. Roommates

Ellie's P.O.V

I sat with my head in my hands on an old stairway. I hate Harry, I hate Harry, I was mentally pushing away the feelings that had arisen just by looking into his eyes. It was a lot easier hating Harry than loving him, so it's what I chose to do. I will be Lucy and act feelings for him. I hate Harry. I took a deep breath and slowly stood up, thankful that nobody was in sight, and that my feelings had finally seemed to be pushed down and buried again.

I spent the rest of the day in silence and after dinner I went back to my room and I thankfully slipped into the shower and concentrated on the hot water, and blocked out the world around me. Smelling of strawberries, I wrapped a towel around myself and picked up my phone. After a minutes thought I slowly unlocked it and dialled my mum.

"Hello?"

"Uh hi mum, it's me Ellie."

"Oh hi honey. How is everything?"

She sounded slightly strained and I could hear crying in the background. Her and dad had chosen to have five kids, and as I was the eldest, they didn't spend as much time over me as they did with my younger siblings.

"Its... fine. Everything's great here." There was a pause in which I could hear my mother trying to calm my youngest brother, Jamie. "Well, I'll just leave you to it then, ok bye.."

I ended the phone call and sat on my bed. She never did have much time for me. Not that I held it against her or anything but it would have been nice if we could have an actual conversation every now and then. I looked up to see Mikaela coming in the door. She smiled at me and then she went straight into the bathroom. I leant back and I fell asleep, thoughts of my mum, Mikaela, Hallie and Harry circling my mind.

~~~

The next morning I woke up really early. It being a Saturday, we were allowed to leave the school over the weekend, but being sure we were back by 11 each night. I quietly let myself out of the room and enjoyed the silence that met me as I walked out of the school.

I made my way to a park close by and I sat at one of the benches and put my headphones in. I scanned the park, and my eyes suddenly fell on Harry. He was wearing a beanie and he was playing with a few little kids on the swings. My eyes narrowed as I watched him, thinking that he had an ulterior motive, but as I continued to watch, I felt the corners of my mouth turn. He was good with kids, and it always made me smile when I see a guy playing with young children. I continued to watch them, but Harry eyes suddenly fell on me, and saw me watching.

I quickly diverted my eyes away, but he had already seen me and was heading over. I angrily kicked myself as he came over.

"Take a picture Ell Ell, it lasts longer."

I fumed at him. "I wasn't looking at you, I was looking at the kids and how cute they were."

"Well thats peodophilic then."

Before I could help it my mouth had broken into a grin and I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. Harry was smirking as well.

"Well," I said after composing myself. "I can't do this play thing. No one is that good an actor."

He nodded slowly. "Do you want to go ask Ms Scour if we can swap?"

I nodded, reluctantly looking up at his face. I got up and we started to walk back to the school. It was awkward. I stayed two paces behind him, and we didn't say a word to each other.

We arrived at the office and I gestured firmly for Harry to knock on the door. But, he just pushed me towards the door and I basically fell through it. I slowly got up and shot Harry a look of pure

hate.

"Um, hello Ms Laker, Mr Styles. What can I do for you?"

"Well,"I started, with a sideways glance at Harry. "Well with Forever After, we were just thinking if it would be alright to maybe swap roles with someone else, or just to swap one of us?"

"And why should I do that?" She questioned looking mildly curious.

"Uh, well, I just don't think I would be capable of acting in love with Harry."

"But that is what I am trying to teach you. To step out of your comfort zones and to extend your acting skills further."

"But nobody could act in love with somebody that has made your life hell." I said through gritted teeth.

"Or somebody that deliberately does things to make one angry." Harry snarled back at me. I stopped to ponder his statement, but before I could think Ms Schour had stopped us.

"Alright enough."

"So you'll switch us?" I asked hopefully.

"No. I chose you both because I thought you two would be the best fit. But I do have a way in which we can sort out your problems of mutual dislike."

Harry and I both waited for her solution.

"There is an empty room down the end of this hall and I am telling you both to pick up your bags and move in together. You spend a month together in the room, and if you still hate each other, I will swap the roles, but I strongly believe that this will not be the case."

My mouth dropped open.

Harry on the other hand had found his voice. "Excuse me miss, but I am part of One Direction and am a special guest here..."

"...and even though you are a guest, management gave the staff permission to take whatever disceplanary measures to keep you and your band manageable. My word is final. You can have one day seperate, but by tomorrow night I expect to see both of you in there."

I ran a hand through my long hair wearing an expression close to one of horror.

"You asked me for advice Ms Laker and I have given it to you. You both may go."

We stepped outside the office and with a silent look of hate between us, we went our seperate ways.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

(A/N)

Oooooo.......... :O Roommates....... They got it hard........

Anyways..... Everyone enjoying it? 'Cause I know I am! :)

Oh. My. Gosh. So I was really curious about finding my book on the discover thingy. If you search up, Truly, Madly Deeply , you'll have to scroll down and BAM My book is there! MY BOOK!!! :D

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING MY STORY!!!!!!!! :D I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! ❤

xx.

c h e l s e a