Chapter 10. Similarities And Differences

Ellie's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to the bright sunlight that filtered in the huge window next to my bed. I was feeling pretty good until I realised where I was and who I was with. I sat up but I screamed and flew back under the covers. Harry just happened to be standing there, stark naked, thank the heavens that he had his back to me. But my scream had caused him to swing around in fright.

"Geez Ellie what the hell?"

"Could you put on some clothes?" I yelled at him in disgust. I chucked a pillow at him from under the covers.

I heard his chuckle and I kept the blanket firmly over my head.

"Ok Ellie, you can come out now," I heard him say, and I sensed an eye roll. I risked a quick look and I was relieved to see that he had a pair of shorts on, although he still didn't have a shirt on.

He smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes at him.

I got out of bed and nervously flattened my hair. I didn't want to give Harry any excuse to tease me, and I just really wasn't in the mood for it. I grabbed a brush and flicked my head over and quickly wrapped my hair into a bun. I flashed a look at Harry to check he wasn't looking and I changed into a pair of shorts and a plain flanalette shirt.

But when I looked at Harry, his eyes quickly averted to his own shirt, but I wasn't an idiot.

"Harry Styles, why were you looking at me?!" I yelled at him.

He mumbled something, and for the first time in my whole entire life, Harry was speechless. This fact gave me a sort of satisfaction, that I had made him feel this way, but the feeling quickly got diminished.

"I wasn't Ell Ell. I was looking at my shirt the whole time." He seemed to have regained his voice, but I still couldn't help notice the faint tinge of pink on his cheeks.

Harry's P.O.V

Ok, fine, I was looking, but it sure wasn't my fault she started to get dressed right in front of me. I had tried to look away but... she has changed. I wouldn't describe her as hot... but well... she did have a tiny effect on me. I could sleep with her even though I hated her, it wasn't as if I was going to start loving her or anything.

But then I remembered that day at the park, and our first rehearsal for the play. I remembered looking into her eyes, and a faint memory of a feeling I once had for her had resurfaced. I swallowed. My palms were getting sweaty with the mere memory of the huge feelings I used to have for Ellie.

I shook my head, and the feelings once again disappeared. I consoled myself with the thoughts that I had always used when I thought my heart was starting to work again. She kissed your friend, she hates you. She doesn't want anything to do with you. I felt the familiar smirk return to my face, and I sighed in relief.

"Do we have acting first?" She asked and I nodded. I was immensely pleased that I was answering normally again and my cheeks had returned to their normal color, and any sign of old feelings, were gone.

Ellie's P.O.V

I left the room first, not really wanting to have to walk to acting with Harry, but I once agan bumped into Hallie. It seems as though she thought I was the luckiest girl in the world, getting to stay in a room with Harry and she seemed to act worse towards me because of her jealousy. She basically shoved me on the floor and tipped my bag upsidedown and everything came tumbling out. She shot me a cruel smirk and took my favourite lipstick that had fallen out of the bag. She applied in then looked in her compact mirror. She smiled at herself then strutted off, with my lipstick in hand.

I felt a firm hand lift me off the floor and found myself in Harry's arms. I muttered a brief thanks, and I quickly released myself from his grasp and dusted myself off. I shot Harry a quick look, but he was on the floor, busy picking up the contents of my bag. It shocked me, but I also hate to say that it pleased me. But suddenly I had a thought. This was probably Harry's ulterior motive, he was probably trying to get me to like him so that we can become closer and so he can hurt me even more.

With this thought I quickly grabbed my bag from his hands without so much as a thankyou and I walked off, with a slight feeling of guilt at the pit of my stomach. I chanced a look back and he looked quite sad, and the guilt worsened. Oh well, I'll make up for it in acting. I thought.

~~~

I arrived at acting and took my seat next to Mikaela. Ms Schour basically just said we were going to keep on practicing the play, and that the students who didn't have such a big role could start to help in making the props and the costumes.

Harry and I got up on the stage. We were rehearsing the scene where Ed found out that Lucy had slept with his best friend.

I stood centre stage with tears in my eyes.

"Why did you do it Lucy?" Harry screamed at me, with tears in his eyes as well.

I again became shocked at his talent but I continued with my lines. "I'm... I'm sorry Ed. But you were hurting me. Every girl that you talked about, every one night stand just broke my heart into tinier pieces."

"But this is you we are talking about Lucy! You slept with Jarod, and I just want to know why!"

I fell on to my knees as I shook my head and tears spilled everywhere. I had to admit that one of my talents was making fake tears look real. "I can't tell you Ed. If I told you it would ruin everything. Including our friendship." I sobbed harder.

Harry just looked at me. "It's already ruined." He said. Then he walked off stage leaving me crying.

Ms Scour stood up. "That was incredible! See, after only one night you both are getting better with each other already."

I gave Harry a small smile, which he didn't return. I sighed and walked over to him. "Look, I'm sorry I just walked away before Harry. I just, I didn't think you were doing it to be nice."

He looked up at me before shrugging. "Don't worry I guess." He rubbed his head nervously before saying. "Er Ellie, I was just wondering if you noticed the similarites between this play, and well us?"

I avoided his gaze for I certainly had noticed the similarity but I didn't think Harry would notice, and I certainly didn't want to talk to him about it. "I guess so yeah, but there is one major difference." I paused as Harry looked at me expectantly. "Ed and Lucy had a happily ever after, and just look at us... and where we are now. Not so similar."

I walked off the stage, fighting real tears that were threatining to come out. What I hadn't noticed though, was Harry had the exact same expression on his face as I walked away.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

There it is! :) Bad news everyone....... I'm starting school tomorrow....

That means I'm not gonna be on a lot :( I'll try and update on Friday,

Saturday, or Saturday. It depends.

SHOUT OUTS:

@GigglyBits

&

@thegeorgializ

<3 This chapter was dedicated to those lovely girls ! (:

Bye guys!!! Might be a while before I'm back on..... ):

I love you all my little cupcakes!!!!!!!!! <3

~ C H E L S E A xx.