C3. Heart Breaking

A/N : so i guess it starts from here.

The rain was getting heavy but you still ran through it.

You ran to where the basketball club always had their meeting or games which Riko kept telling you since last year -the gym-

By the time you arrived there, you leaned your hand on the wall next to the entrance door while your eyes lowered on the floor panting.

A sigh escaped your lips as you start to dust your wet school uniforms.

You could hear the screeching sound of the floor inside, the dribbling of the ball and the yelling voice of players.

After catching your breath, you tilted your head upwards only to see Riko standing in front of you eyes glimmering with hope or rather.. mischevious?

The brunette pulled you inside and hugged you tightly before pushing you afterwards. Then, her face turned into a frowned as she rubbed her clothes that had become wet.

"You.. need a towel.. and-"  She paused, a smile was plastered across her face as she started to speak. "(Y/N), I know why you're here." She stated with a hint of happiness in her voice.

"Ugh.." You groaned and facepalmed knowing just what your cousin had done. 'She must have purposedly send me here.' You thought.

".. but it was supposed to be tomo-"

"Riko!" She was cut off when her name was called. Turning around, Riko lifted her hand up waving it as a signal of saying 'yes' to the guy with glasses at the back. Then, the brunette spun around to face you.

"Sorry, will you wait here for just a moment? I'll bring the towel."

Your clothes were drenched and you need a towel so yes, you allowed her. You simply nodded and Riko walked away lefting you at the gym door.

Standing was tiring for you. You had waited for Riko for nearly three minutes. You decided to take a sit.

The people in the gym were all busy, the game hadn't finish yet. You found yourself amused by a guy with red hair that dunked the ball into the net. His jump skill was incredible. Cheers could be heard throughout the gym.

Bored, your eyes wandered to one person and another lazily until it landed on a certain guy. Your eyes widened in shock. You had expected this but at the same time not.

The guy you had always wanted to meet again.

You stood up nervously avoiding to look at your crush again. You wanted to look at him badly but you were too shy. It had been years!

so you looked away..
..but that didn't work..

Your eyes stubbornly set a gaze on him. He was drenched with sweat and was so much stunning.
You watched him as he grabbed his bottle and sip in the water. 'Shall i say hi?' you thought to yourself.

As you were about to walk to him, you felt a hand grip your shoulder and you startled and spun around. You sighed in relief when it was only Riko.

She let out a chuckle and handed you a towel which you took it irritately. Without wasting your time, you had yourself the towel around you as you speak.

"That was fast." You said sarcastically earning a smirk from her. You weren't satisfied by that. "Why are you doing that?"

"Doing what?"

You grunted. "Smirking like a madman."

"Did you talk to Kuroko?" Asked Riko.

You shook your head 'no'.

"I don't even know who Kuroko Tetsuya is."

"WHAT?!" She shrieked. "AND THERE I WAS WASTING MY TIME!" Her voice attracted the attention of the people in the gym. There was silence until you broke it with a cough and they continue playing.

Riko pinched the bridge of her nose, dissappointed by your answer. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she suddenly shouted a name.

"Kuroko- kun!"

**

You stood there awkward by the situation you were in. Kuroko crouched next to you as you both watched how the practice flowed.

'Haha, what a lucky day. ' you thought to yourself. Note- sarcasm. It was your chance to talk to him! and yeah, you didn't. You sighed earning a look of curiousity from Kuroko.

He raised his eyebrows and sat crossed leg, looking at you in the eyes. "Is there something wrong.. erm.." he said before he was cut off by your word.

"(L/N) (Y/N)." You smiled but trying to hide it and avoid his gaze. Your heart beated faster than ever when he had asked that. "-and no, nothing is wrong."

"That's good, (L/N)- san." He gave you a smile of relief which had you a high hope of telling him the past.

You fiddled with your fingers and sleeves as you hugged your knees and spoke. "By the way Kuroko- kun."

"Yes?"

"When i was little, i met a boy." You said playing with a strand of your hair. Knowing that he was listening, you continue.

"At that time, it was snow and i was.. you know, upset. He came to me and give me a white scarf." You giggled. "and it was warm. He even brought me home."

"That's nice." He replied as if it never happened to him.

You frowned and immediately narrowed your eyes, looking at him. "A-and he had a light blue eyes and hair l-like you.." You stuttered starting to doubt him.

He widened his eyes and you smiled. He had finally remember.. or so what you think until the bitter words came out of his mouth as your smile slowly faded away.

"I think you have the wrong person."