C6. Game Starts

It was weekend. You thought that maybe you could go and take a walk with Riko. You tucked your phone out and called your cousin. "Riko, i'm bored."

"I've got nothing to do with that." She replied. You pouted at her answer and virtually sticking your tongue out. "Just kidding. Do you want to join me watching the street basketball friendly match?" She asked.

You were so happy to hear that. "Yes!" You beamed. You can meet Kuroko as well.

You took a piece of blank paper, grabbed a pencil and started to write something on it. In case you can't tell him face to face. So you wrote about your confession and waited for the right time to give him.

After that you put it aside, rushing to the bathroom and get ready. You took a quick five minutes bath. Riko would've wanted you to be early. She've always been.

**

Kuroko wasn't playing at this round. He was standing in front of the vending machine and about to choose his drink. You wanted to say hi so you walked towards him. "Hi." You greeted.

Kuroko looked at you then continue on what he was doing, he press an energy drink. Once it came out, he took it and walked away.

"Wait!" You shouted and get in front of him. You looked at his face. You never really managed to see him up close so you unintentionally blush. "Why are you avoiding me?" You asked with a frown on your face, a tint of pink on your cheeks.

Kuroko remained quiet and emotionless like he've always been. His eyes bore into yours. "I'm not avoiding anyone."

"You just ignored me!" You protested.

Kuroko's gaze was now on the ground, he was thinking. "Is that really you? That girl i met that day?"

He remembered. "Y-yes?" Stuttering, you waited for his next reaction. Kuroko quickly sent a disappointed look. His eyes was filled with sadness. He was showing his emotions to you despite of that he was actually the emotionless dude.

"Then why did you move away without telling me?"

Silence.. You were thinking for the right words to explain. But you just came up with a sorry. "Never mind." He said walking past you.

You turned around and grabbed a piece of his cloth. "W-wait. Lets talk."

**

Since Kuroko had free times before his match, he agreed to talk to you for some more. But it have been about three minutes and you haven't spoke a word. That was until he started the conversation first. "What is it that you want to talk about, senpai?" He asked in a polite voice.

You breath in. "Kuroko, that day when i moved away, i didn't tell you." You paused, before taking another breath. "It wasn't because i thought you were just some passerby guy who came to help or something but it was because.. because i didn't have the time. And.. are you mad?" Was your question.

Kuroko smiled, making you a bit confused. "I was. But not anymore since you just told me your reasons."

"T-that's it? You avoidded me a few minutes ago and now you're not?"

"I didn't hold a grudge against you. Senpai, when you told me it was you the other day, i really couldn't remember. I didn't until a few days after that. I thought that maybe i wasn't an important person, and i was a bit disappointed."

"O-oh. I'm glad." You said as your lips curved into a smile. You were very happy to hear that. "Actually, Kuroko let be frank with you." You tried to be brave as you clenched your fist and blushed, thinking if it might be good for you to tell him.

"Yes?" Asked Kuroko with a hint of curiosity.

You were about to speak when Riko came from behind and shouted Kuroko's name. "I've been searching for you everywhere!" She exclaimed, walking up to both of you. "It's your turn now, hurry up!" Riko crossed her arms against her chest. An irk mark appeared on her. She must've been very panicked when she found out no Kuroko at the bench.

That's when Kuroko stood up, apologizing to the lioness-like coach. He turned over to look at you as you sighed, not getting the chance to confess. "I'm sorry (Y/N)- senpai, maybe some other time?" He said while he had a close eyes smile.

You quickly took out the note from your purse and stopped him from leaving. Riko looked at you warily, was it that note? You were hesitating but you've already hand it over to him, in hope he'll reply or accept you.

"Read at home." You said, earning his smile as he walked away.

You sighed in relief, that was a nerve-wrecking situation! Then you felt a slight sting on your arm. Riko pinched you, bringing you back from your trance. "So that was.." She paused as she pinched your cheeks. "You sly cat!"

"O-ouch! That hurts! Stop that!"