Chapter 10: Maddie (Part I)

Chapter 10: Maddie

 “Damn girl, atleast give me your name, or something.”

    The presence of the man who had asked me a few seconds earlier to ‘”get to know each other”’ was still behind me.  As I had stated before, this mystery man was FAR from bad- looking; he had tantalising, yet comforting hazel eyes, a 6-pack to die for, and the greatest aura of nonchalance. But you can’t help who you fall for. And in a matter of four singular days, the person I had fallen hard for was, ironically, Mr Tesfaye.

    Does this man not get a hint? I could still feel his heavy breathing travelling down the nape of my neck. To add to the further discomfort, Kelly and Muhsinah were just watching on, slyly laughing behind their most recently purchased indigo cocktails.

    I still felt very awkward about the fact that the mystery man was still behind me, so I looked around ‘Kiss Land’ to try and ease the awkwardness.

     ‘I wonder if I’ll ever be able to do that?’ I thought, as I saw the pole dancers twirling themselves without a hint of effort in their legs, making it seem like a breeze. As I diverted my attention away from the pole dancers, I focused my attention on two men near the bar, both in deep, yet merry conversation with each other. Looking again to my left, my eyes suddenly fell onto Abel, alongside his crew.

    Why the fuck was he kissing a random white girl’s neck?

    I began to breathe inwards and outwards, quietly. That was not working, at all. I could still feel my blood pressure increasing quite quickly, and my veins threatening to pop out of my skin anytime soon. Even though Abel and I hadn’t established anything between ourselves, how dare he? In my mind, we were atleast ‘something’, with a capital S! Anywho, I guess I’m not off limits, anymore.

    Forcing a smile, I turned my head to the mystery man.

"You know what? I change my mind," I began saying to the man, "You said want to dance with me, right?"

    The man looked shocked, to say the least. It looked cute on him. Without waiting for a reply, I took his mocha hands into my caramel ones, and led him from inside of the booth, to the neon green dance floor.

     At that moment, 'Power Trip' by J.Cole and Miguel began to play. The correct song to fit my exact mood. Slowly, I turned around, pressing my butt into his groin. Hearing a little gulp come from him, a laughed a little, low laugh. Slowly, he began to snake his hand to my hip, rummaging his other hand steadily through my hair. The alcohol slowly taking over my system, I began to suggestively dance on him. I would look at the mystery man now and again, to see if he was enjoying the little 'show' I was putting on for him. And by the way he was bearing all his teeth at me, it was evident he was.

    After a while, he spoke up again.

    "Can I get you anything? A drink?" he whispered into my ear, suggestively.

    "Yes, please." I replied, just as suggestively as he did.

    With that, he began to walk over to the skank of a bartender, Valerie. I used this time to fan myself with my hands. Literally dry-humping a man you've just met is very hard work! Looking over to Kelly and Muhsinah, I saw them with their thumbs up, smiling at me. I swear, I love my friends.

    Maybe I don't need Abel, after all.

    Turning back around, I saw the mystery man coming back with two tiny cups in his hands, each with dark blue liquid and two cherries. We both toasted our drinks with each other, then gulped down the drinks in one shot. Suddenly, I began to feel even more alive. More free.

   We danced to a few more songs, until I began to feel numb, feeling like I could hardly move my limbs.

   "Hey, have you been to the restrooms here?" the man asked me

   "Ye-yeah!" I replied, "It was SO gross! Th-there was a rat-t and the mirrors were so, so grim-"

   My speech came out of my mouth slowly and slurred, matching the numbing, heavy feeling I felt on my body.

   "Well," the man interrupted, grabbing my arm "That's where we're going to, darling."

    What did he mean? Before I had a chance to process this in my mind, he began to yank me to the back of the club, to where the restrooms were. The man who I thought was 'cute' was suddenly becoming increasingly more sinister. Why the heck was he yanking me? I could hardly pull him away from me; my body felt too heavy. Now I began to realise why my body felt so slow...

    I had been spiked.

Author’s Note:

DUN DUN DUNNNN!

1k reads. 1K READS, GUYS! Thank you guys so much. Right now, it’s at 1.2k. I would have never been able to do it without you guys. :’)

Anyway, I’ve put ‘Power Trip’ by J.Cole feat. Miguel to the right. Why? Because in my personal opinion, it’s one of the most sexiest songs known to mankind. ;)

~Bela<3