Fourteen

*Tobin POV* -Aspen, Colorado-

After Mal confessed what she was everyone began bombarding her with questions.

I yelled at everyone to shut up and grabbed her hand and took her outside in the back yard.

I can tell she's stressing out and utterly overwhelmed by all the questions thrown her way.

"Breathe, kid." I say chuckling lightly.

"I've never had people question me that much." She chuckles.

"You don't have to answer all the questions if you don't want to." I say as I lean back against the railing of the porch.

She nods "I'm not that different than you guys in all honesty." She starts. "I get golden eyes just like you, claws and fangs. I even get the super strength, my body just doesn't change. I'm never cold like you guys. I think the only difference is, is that people think Satan created me himself." She chuckles. "Well that and I can set things on fire." She smiles.

"Well it's not really my position to decide but I know you have my vote to join our pack." I say as I return the smile.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'll talk to Hope about it." I nod as I move to stand in front of her.

She wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a tight hug.

I smile and return the embrace.

"Ready to head back in?" I question as we release each other.

She nods and I drape my arm across her shoulders as we walk through the threshold into the log cabin.

I talk to Hope about Mal joining the pack and she nods in agreement before calling Mal into the room Hope and Kells are staying in.

"If you are going to be part of our pack then you have to live with us, do you understand that?" The alpha in the room asks the young hellhound.

"Well uhm that might be a problem considering I'm part of the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team and boot camp for the World Cup starts in two months." Mal informs us.

"Holy shit, that's so cool. Are you for real?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm their new prodigy, the head coach says that I could be their secret weapon." She smiles proudly.

Hope smirks, "Well Hope they still have spaces on the team because the pack sticks together."

"I'm sure I could pull some strings." Mal smiles gently.

"Well." Hope starts looking at me, "We better pack our bags and head back to California and start getting in shape." She smirks.

This should be good.

A/N: extremely short update, I apologize. A little foreshadowing in the above picture if you didn't pick up on it. Let me know what you guys think. -Kaycee