Chapter 8

Chapter 8-

I woke up to the alarm clock screaming. Great, another day at school. After yesterday, I don't want to see anyone, I'd much rather just lay in my room. I push snooze and roll back over. I wonder what Jake was thinking when he saw me? It must not of been good. The alarm clock goes off again, that's my que to get up. I sit up slowly, careful not to make any sudden movements. I winced at the aching pain that covered my body. I stood up slowly and walked over to my closet. I grabbed the closest things I saw. Which just so happened to be a pair of jeans and a hoodie. I lifted my tank top up and started to pull it off. Being especially careful not to touch my stomach. I put my jeans on. I made sure the jeans didn't lay flat on any of the cuts. Once I was completely dressed I threw my hair up in a high ponytail and slipped my vans on. I walked down the stairs and out the door. I hopped in the car with a fake smile. I'm becoming amazing at that. The car ride with my mom was kind of awkward. I made sure to hide all of the unwanted marks on my wrist. We arrived at the school, and with a wave and an I love you, I was off. I walked in, careful not to draw attention to myself. I turned the corner, and I saw Jake and Heidi. Great. I walked by them acting as if, I didn't even notice them. I heard a sigh of frustration, then I realized that I was standing in the middle of the hallway, deep in thought. I turned to look behind me, and saw Jake standing there impatiently. How long have I been standing here? I didn't even notice them move.... With a quick nod I started down the hallway. I could hear his footsteps muffling behind me, making me nervous. I was becoming more and more self conscious. I quickly turned off towards the freshman lockers and watched as he passed by me.