Chapter 12

Chapter 12- Jakes POV

I opened my locker, picked up my binder, and then something caught my eye. A folded up piece of paper in my science binder. I took the note out, unfolded it, and instantly realized that it was a females hand writing. But whose? As I started to read it, I felt my cheeks get warm. This note was the cutest thing ever. My friends turned the corner, I quickly shoved the note in my back pocket, and slammed my locker door shut. We walked up the trail but the note stayed on my mind. Once at the top of the trail I glanced around for Heidi. I spotted her sitting by a tree at the far end of the community center. I walked over and sat down by her. She glanced up at me, while biting her lip, and laid her hand on my upper thigh. I feel like this is the same thing that always happens. We never have a conversation, it's always physical. The whole time she was trying to be sexy, I kept thinking about the note. It bothered me that I didn't know whose it was, but I was gonna find out.

*The Next Day At School*

I walked in and walked over to my usual table. A few of the people at my table were talking, but my mind was elsewhere. I glanced over by the doors entering the cafeteria and saw this girl. I think her name was Megan, she was staring at me, with an unhappy look on her face. I decided to walk I we and ask her about it.

"Got a problem? " I said in a partial playful partial serious tone.

She rolled her eyes and turned to walk off. I grabbed her by her shoulder and turned her around. I pulled to the side and asked her again in a more serious tone.

"Do you not notice the good girls that like you?! Or is it only hoes that you go for?"

"What?" I said completely baffled. Then I thought of the note, this may be my chance!

"I have a friend..." She stopped. With a shocked look on her face, like she wasn't suppose to say something.

"You have a friend that....what? "

"I have a friend, that's a good girl, who likes you WAY more then you deserve!" She practically yelled putting emphasis on the way.

I pulled out the note from my pocket and handed it to her. She looked at me confused then opened it. She looked stunned.

"I found that yesterday, is that her hand writing?"

"UHM.. uhm.. Yeah. It is" she said willingly giving up the information.

" Her name is??" Right at that point the red head from lunch walked up and glanced from me to Megan. She glanced at the note in Megan's hand and she did more then blush. Her whole face turned a cherry red color. I take it that's the girl. She looked down and started staring the ground. When Megan started talking to her she peeked up at me for a split second. She was cute. Just not necessarily my type. Megan mentioned the note to her and she nodded agreeing that it was her who wrote it.

"Hey" I said trying to calm her down a little.

"Hi" she said with a shaky voice barely looking up at me.

"Listen.. That note. It was really sweet, and your cute and all, but just not my type"

"I know" she said "I know that I'm not good enough for you." I could hear the sadness in her voice. With a quick nod I walked off. I couldn't believe that just happened.