Chapter 11

Chapter 11-

Once I was home, I collapsed on my bed. I lay there thinking about Jake. Thinking about how absolutely perfect he is, how I wished I could get to know him, but then I thought.. I have no chance with him. Please Katelyn, shake that thought from your head. When I think about him not wanting me, my heart breaks a little more. I brought my knees to my chest and started to cry. I cried to the point where I couldn't breathe. And with each tear it was like another piece of my heart breaking. I wiped my cheeks on my hoodie.When the arms of the hoodie were soaked, I started to slowly pull the hoodie off. I stood in the mirror, and started tracing the marks that covered my stomach and wrist. My skin in those areas were still sore.. But not sore enough. I grabbed the razor and started to reopen each cut. The blood started flowing,but then I heard a knock at my door. I threw on a shirt,with one arm wrapped my stomach, I opened the door.

"Hey Katelyn" my mom said, in a hurt voice.

"Yeah?"

"I was coming to check on you" she said with a worrisome look on her face,eyeing my stomach.

"Oh I'm fine" I glanced down, and realized the blood was starting to show through the shirt.

"Okay. Well I love you"

"I love you too" I said rather quickly then turned around to change. As she walked out and shut the door I started to pull the rather tight shirt off of my body. I winced as the fabric rubbed up against the freshly opened cuts. I grabbed a towel and started to pat the blood away. I cringed as I glanced in the mirror at the bloody wreck that covered my midsection. Once I had the area as clean as I could possible get it, I found a loose shirt and threw it on. I walked up stairs and with a weak smile at my mom. Walked out the back door. The rain was pouring down,I could hear it beating against the roof. I started to run down the old,dark, back road. I wasn't running to anywhere particular just running. Running away, running away from my problems. The rain was starting to pick up even more, I could feel as the cold water droplets started to run down the back and front of my shirt. As i started thinking about Jake, and my family, I felt a warm tear run down my cheek. I wiped away the tear as another one fell. I dropped on to the pavement, pulled my knees to my chest, and once again started to cry. I stared down at the black pavement till the sky was starting to get even darker. Soon it'd be pitch black out. I got up and started to walk back the house. By the time I arrived home, it was dark outside and I was drenched.