6

Adam was only getting worse. He had suffered amnesia, and what was worse was that he didn't remember who I was half the time. It was as if he never knew me at all. This was unbelievably hard on me. I went to go visit Alesa after my classes. I had been taking care of things for her a lot while Adam was in the hospital. I drove over to her house to pick her up.  Alesa was an absolute sweetheart, and was really easy to get along with. She had long, naturally brown hair. We walked into Adam's room. "Hey babe." Adam said, planting a kiss on Alesa's cheek. Alesa smiled without showing much emotion. Adam then turned to me. "Do I know you?" He asked for the hundredth time. "Yes, Adam." I stated, starting to choke up a little. "I'm your best friend. Maybe more than that even." Adam then spoke something fairly close to my actual name. "John?" he said I was quiet a moment, then leaned close to him. "It's Jin." I said, a few small tears on my cheeks. "Jim." He said. I stood up, and leaned against the wall, hanging my head low. "This isn't fair!" I screamed, "This is NOT fair!" I paced the room, running my hands through my hair. Also, because of where Adam was stabbed, It struck so many veins he was now anemic. He had lost a more than considerable amount of blood. He was liable to just faint at any given time. I heard my phone ring. An unknown  number. I didn't answer. "Hey, Alesa. I'm going to go grab some lunch. You wanna come?" I asked. "Uh...sure, I guess." she stated. When we got out to my car, I checked the voicemail from the unknown number. 

"So Jin, is it? I am the one who put your friend Adam through all this. And now, I plan to do the same to you and all your friends." 

The message was rather worry-some. I put handed the phone to Alesa, who replayed the message. "This is rather creepy." she said. We were both so scared. After we got out of lunch, There was a note taped to the windshield of my car. "Beware, Jin. You are next." It read. I turned to Alesa. I was shaking.