14

Finally. Finally I felt ok again. Finally I was happy. I went over to Alesa's house. Her dogs jumped all over me, until she put them outside so we could sit and talk. "So, Alesa," I asked, "How are you?" She turned to me. "Honestly, Jin...I'm ok. But at the same time, I'm just not." I looked over at her. "What do you mean?" I asked. She turned away for a second, then back to me. "I don't know really how to explain it. It has to do alot with you." I gave her a confused look. "Me? What did I do?" Alesa looked at me. "Everything." She answered in a whisper, and stared at her hands in her lap. "You've done everything." I listened closely as she continued to speak. "You gave my life a sense of normality again. I don't really know how to say it. Let's just say, you've played a major role in all of this, and you've truly brought my life back together. I can't thank you enough." She hugged me, crying. "Look, Alesa...I did it because I care. So much. I really, really do. Adam meant a lot to me too. Adam was sort of a miracle in my life. He was more than just a friend." I stared at the floor, whispering.  "I've been really afraid to say this, but...I loved him." Alesa looked up at me. "Jin..." she said. I got up, and leaned against the wall, shaking my head. "I loved him." I whispered. "And now he's gone." I turned back to Alesa, whohad a look of sympathy on her face, as well as concern. "Jin, is this why you've been so distant? So...isolated?" She asked. I hesitated. "In a way." I said. "It's about you, too. And Mason. I just don't want Mason to grow up without someone in his life like that. I don't want to see you two alone. I love you guys." Alesa looked at me. "So you're trying to...?" I cut her off. "Yes, that's exactly it." She looked Away. "Jin..." she said, "I don't know what to say...I mean, this is hard...for both us..." I put my hand on her shoulder. "Alesa, all I'm asking is that I can be here for you both. I want to be a part of Mason's life. I want to be there for him." Alesa sighed. "Ok. You can be here for Mason. It's great that you want to be, but only until I'm able to move on, ok?" I nodded, and went to kneel down in the small chair beside Mason. "He really is special." I said. "Just like his dad." I smiled. Alesa smiled back. Indeed, this experience had forced me to take a big leap into maturity. I had to be more grown up now than I had ever thought imagineable. I sighed. 23...and this. Adam's death had completely shifted my life. But I was finally ok. I was staying strong. Even though I almost couldn't without Adam. I was going to be ok. We all were going to be. It made me feel a sense of goodness, and for once I was happy again.

Note from Katy

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed reading this book. It is, unforunately, complete as of this chapter. Just a little advice. If you ever feel depressed and alone (I've been feeling this way recently) There are people out there who will help you. I personally want to thank my friends Kyobai and Ryan for being so helpful last night. You guys are amazing!