Commitment

I woke up remembering only that it was time to get up for work. I rolled over and pulled the duvet over my head before suddenly thinking back to last night. I opened my eyes to see if it had just been another dream, but Nat was still lying there in front of me. She was just a beautiful in the golden morning sunlight as she had been in the middle of the night. Just as I started to grin to myself about our antics, Nat mumbled something and rolled over in the bed.

I held my breath and, sure enough, she opened her eyes and looked at me. For a moment, I thought she was confused but the memories came back to her and her cheeks matched the colour of her hair. "I didn't dream that, did I?" She said quietly. I laughed and stroked the side of her face, admiring her dazzling eyes. Her cheeks went a deeper shade of red as she moved closer to me and placed a kiss on my lips.

"None of it was a dream. It was finally real." I said. She raised an eyebrow at me and sat up in the bed. "Finally real? Now what does that mean, Maria?" Nat was flirting with me and I couldn't deny the excitement I felt. "Does it matter if I imagined all of that?" I whispered. She giggled and pulled my face towards hers for yet another kiss. I felt her smile against me and I snaked my arms around her waist, pulling her hips against mine. Nat started to deepen the kiss, pulling at my neck, but I had to push her away. Our foreheads met and we regained our breath.

"I have to go to work," I said. She sighed and let me get up. "Are you staring at me Nat?" I was trying to flirt, but my stomach was still full of butterflies. "Maybe." Her silky voice went straight through me. What was going to happen now? "I can't help but admire the view, can I?" I laughed and turned to face her. She was still blushing slightly, but I could tell she was getting more confident.

"That's very nice of you. What are you going to do today?" I asked, getting dressed. Nat was quiet for a moment. "Can I help you behind the bar?" I was surprised. "Do you not have a gig or something?" I finished buttoning my shirt and looked over at her. "Nope. My singing career is completely dead. I'm trying to find another job if I'm perfectly honest." I grinned at her and climbed back onto the bed, kissing her softly.

"Get dressed and I'll see what Nick says. He will probably say you can have a trial run." Nat thanked me and flung her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly. "What does this mean, Maria?" She asked as I continued to get dressed. "Can you expand on that?" I heard her sigh. "Well we slept together so does that mean we're a thing?" Her voice was trembling, presumably with nerves. "Do you want us to be a thing?"

She shrugged and said, "I know you want to be but," Nat trailed off and I sat beside her. "What?" I held her hand in mine. "I don't know, I suppose I'm just scared. I really, really like you and I don't want to be with you, only to lose you." The butterflies in my stomach flew out of my mouth in the form of a kiss. "Natasha. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes."