Chapter 6 - The Friend of a Friend is my Friend too (Chain Connections)

Author's Note: I made a mistake... Schwabs is a black cat, not a black dog and Bubba's last name isn't 'Gumball', it's more of a second name (wft was I thinking? No matter what, I could never pass the name 'Gumball' off to be a last name in a 'real world AU') I already fixed that in the last chapter. Here's a new chapter, Enjoy! And just for the record, I would put a more 'romantic' picture of Gum and Marsh as my cover but I wouldn't want anyone from school or at home seeing it, cuz that would be 'Distasteful'... You know how the normal people are. ;P

My friends now like Gumlee cuz of me, I feel so accomplished :D

Bubba's P.O.V.

Marshall turned around and looked me in the eye, his devious and confident, dark teal eyes looking right through me with a smirk plastered on his lips. "Bye, Bubba~" he said in such a slutry tone, I felt my knees buckle a bit as I gripped on to the sturdy wooden table next to me. He left in a swift movement and he disappeared along with his guitar.

This is sorta stupid, the way the guy flirts with me and the fact that I'm actually falling for it. Your better than that, Bubba! I looked down at the cream colored floor and let out the sigh I've been holding in and I ran my hand through my strawberry blonde hair.

I remembered that France was still in the room. I looked up at her and I could feel just from her expression, all the questions she wanted to ask me. "What was that about??" She said in a teasing tone "I- Uh, I don't know..." I looked back down at the floor "Sweetie, I'm not dense. What's going on between you two?" She cocked her hip to the side and gave me the 'I know, you know' face. I rubbed the back of my neck. "Well, I kinda already met Marshall the other day and--" "HE LIKES YOU!!!!" France blurted out, screaming like a sixteen-year-old fan girl not even letting me finish "I- What!? No!! He... why would he?" I started to blush just thinking of Marshall Lee "Why wouldn't he!? Like I said before dear, you're all the things a girl-- erm... a guy could want!!" I have no idea if that was supposed to make me feel better or worse. Even if, by any chance in this universe, I could hook it up with Marshall, What will that lead to?? And what would my parents think of me if I were to date... a guy. France was snickering at me and it didn't help at all, it just made me blush even more.

Time passed and we just talked about stuff like Marshall and random subjects, its surprising how my life goes in a circle and how time flies. "Oh, by the way dear, we've got no work tomorrow. My sister is off on a trip and I have to watch over her little boy. I guess it's a good time for you to rest or something." France gave me a smile and I faked one back "Okay" was all I could say. I never really have much to do on 'non-work days' my hobby IS baking and I never really have someone to hang out with at home except for my housekeeper, Pepper, and she was a grown lady. I can't 'hang' with her and my parents are busy and I wouldn't want to bug them. I was snapped out of thought when the doorbell clanged again as someone walked in, I thought it'd be Marshall again but to my surprise it was a girl... with pink hair? "Hello? I came here to sign up for the baking job, I heard there was an open spot." she was wearing a light yellow mini dress with a purple belt, a pair of brown flats, a pink hand bag, she had blue eyes and her hair looks like it was dyed a pastel shade of pink. She seemed like a very elegant yet naive person by the looks of it but I was taught to never judge a book by its cover. "Hey, dalrlin'. Come in, come in!" France waved her hands around, gesturing for the girl to enter the room; she entered and sat down with crossed legs "So what's your name, dear?" "It's Bonnibel, mam" she said in an excited tone "What a gorgeous name! Okay Bonnibel, if you could just fill in this application paper, have a quick interview and we'll find out if you get the job" she handed the girl a pen and the paper she needs to fill in. "Thank you" I just sat there and watched as France and the so called Bonnibel had a little talk with each other, their 'quick interview' was basically about skill and experience. They finished off and she did well and of course, she was hired. I got to meet her.