Chapter 13!

Phoenix Drop, that name sounds so familiar! Laurence mentioned it before! Will I be able to see him again? Is he here? Questions come rushing into my mind only to be interrupted by Cadenza's voice.

"_____(name), what are you waiting for? Let's go!" She grabs my wrist as she runs out the carriage. Cadenza can be scary at times...

A beautiful lady comes up to greet us. "Greetings Cadenza, I'm glad you could make it!" Then, she notices me. "And who might this be?"

On cue, I lift the hem of my dress and give a perfect courtesy. "I am _____(name) _____(last name) the enchantress, as people call me."

"Nice to meet you, _____(name), I am Aphmau, lord of Phoenix Drop." Lord?! The one Laurence is in love with?! My heart throbs at that thought. There's no way to compete with her! Her Raven color hair and, Amber color eyes compliment her tan completion.

"Aphmau, I heard my brother is home!" Cadenza looks serious when she says this.

"Ah, yes, he is, he's in the basement for my house!" She says with a smile. "I'm glad he's back!" Her voice contains genuine joy.

We follow Aphamu to her house, where she unlocks the door and walks down the stairs.

There I see a familiar man, same hair color as Cadenza's. It had to be Laurence! A warm feeling resides in my heart when I see his face up close, it was him!

His eyes shoot open, as if he senses a presence. "Shadow knight!" He yells. Aphmau looks at me in shock.

"I'll explain later." I close my eyes and walk towards Laurence. "It's good to see you again, Laurence." I give Laurence a kiss on the cheek. That's bound to make Aphmau jealous.

Now both girls are in shock to see this.

"_____(name), is that you?" Laurence grabs my hand. My tears threaten to flow out. Just when I had lost all hope of finding the man that brought me light, I find him, safe and sound. I'm glad....

~~~Time skip~~~

One day, Aphmau pulls me aside to talk. Her eyes glimmer in curiosity. Aphmau and I both settle down in her house with some earl grey tea. The aroma seems to entice , yet calm my nerves. That is what quality tea is all about, a blend of emotion.
It reminds me of the secrets I hold, along with regrets, sorrow, and the happiness I experienced in the past. All this e helped shape me into the person I am today.

"Alright, first, may I ask you where you came from?" She asks.

"Oh, I come from the village of _____(village name), it's actually a part of Scaleswind." I try to hide any lingering emotion that may be laced in the reply.

"I see." Aphmau sips her tea in thought, I do the same.

"How did you meet Cadenza?"

"Well... It's going to take a while with an explanation..." I look at my reflection in the tea.

"It's ok, I have time." Aphmau gives a reassuring smile. It's no wonder Laurence likes her, she's beautiful, smart, funny, and listens. Aphmau has everything I don't, including Laurence's affection.

"Well.." I explain to her the walk, Gene, how I met Laurence, Vlyad's plan, and how I met Cadenza. I emphasized the amount of time I spent with Laurence, I wanted her to know the bond I had with Laurence.

~~more skips~~

I sigh, staring at the ceiling, sleep was not coming tonight, the floor was cold, even with the several layers of wool sheets.

"_____(name)." Laurence calls out to me. I respond with a grasp of his hand.

"I'm here, it's okay..." My other hand pets his soft, orange locks. "I'm right here..."

"..." Laurence does not respond, instead, he pulls me onto the bed with him. His warmth is so inviting, I soon find myself being consumed by the world of dreams.

Cordelia here, sorry for the long wait. I've had an exam every week for the past two months, so it's been hard to keep up with Wattpad and school work. I'm just glad to get this chapter out. (The purpose of this chapter, if you didn't know already, was to establish a new love rival.)

Bye!

~ Cordelia Amadeus Forte