Chapter 11: Like the Movies

Chapter 11:

Teddy’s POV:

I remember the last time I felt this pain. It was back when I was 5 or 6 and my friend dared me to climb a tree. It was no big deal. After all, people in movies can climb a tree and not hurt themselves, right?

That’s what I thought too. So I climbed the sycamore tree that was famous with the children in our small town.  It was easy. I don’t even know why my friend even dared me to do it. I climbed it with ease.

When I got to the top, I sat on a big branch. My friend waved hello from below. I waved back. When I looked up again, I can see half of the playground where the tree was located. If I have gotten further, maybe I can see the whole town. I thought to myself.

So I decided to climb some more. I was climbing as if I’m a koala or something.

And then someone called my name. “Tedddddddyyy!!!!” I turned around while my hands are around the tree trunk.

I saw my mother. With a terrified and angry expression on her face.

I realized that I was, terrified, too. I forgot how high I was up on that tree.

Or maybe I was terriffied because my mother's here.

So my mother started yelling at me to get down and I did. But of course, I fell. I always do.

I broke my wrist that day. It was the worst.

“Hey Teddy” Luke’s voice interrupted. Oh yeah. Time to get down. I think he’s tired already.

“Okay, you can just put me down there.” I told him, pointing at a flat mud area with my free hand while the other was holding Luke’s right shoulder.

Luke nodded then gently put me down. I put my injured ankle forward so I don’t have to bend it.

He started stretching his back and his hands.

“Hey, I’m so sorry about all this.” I told him. I know he isn’t too happy about carrying a girl with an bruised ankle in a forest.

“It’s okay.”

I stayed quiet for a minute. Then yawned.

It’s not yet time for my bed isn’t it? I checked my wrist watch and saw that it was only 7: 45.

“What time is it?”

“7:47”

“Shit. We really got to move so we can still cure your ankle or something” he said, he’s being giddy now.

I smiled at him. He looked like my childhood best friend, Jamie, when I broke my wrist when I fell on the tree.

“What are you smiling about?”

“Nothing. You just remind me of someone.”

“I hope that’s someone good.” He smiled then stopped stretching then sat next to me on the grass.

I nodded.

Then Luke just stared at the sky.

Suddenly I was so bored.

I fished for my pocket for anything interesting. And yes! I found my iPod.

“Would you like to listen?” I offered Luke the other earphone.

He took the earphone from my hand and just leaned on the tree behind us.

I shuffled it and clicked on the song that makes me so calm and peaceful.

I was listening to it and was halfway to finishing the song when I felt my eyelids getting heavier.

Before I knew it, I was out.

Luke’s POV:

I can tell that even Teddy was tired so I decided to stop for a while before we continue on finding the camp. We can’t be that far and of course someone had to go looking for us.

We stayed near the trees but we could still see the stars.

Teddy then handed me her earphone and played a beautiful song. I think it was called “Can’t Help Falling in Love” I know that song because I think I heard my parents sing it to each other once. Only there are no lyrics, just piano.

The song was so serene that Teddy fell asleep. Teddy fell asleep on my shoulder.

Like what happened earlier in the bus.

She looks so nice and naïve and oblivious to the world around her.

She probably had some dark past. Like what we always see in movies.

Only I don’t know what can happen next in this “movie”.

I glanced at Teddy and heard her whisper while she was asleep.

Her hair was all over the place again. I chuckled as I moved the stray hair across from her face.

There, the stars can now illuminate her beautiful face.

And now I can sleep for a while, and when I wake up. We’ll start moving again.

I don’t know why but I don’t really like this chapter. I’m having a bad case of the writer’s block.

Thanks for the 5k reads and for the 100 votes!!!! So happy!!! check out the video on the sidebar, that was the song luke and teddy was talking about! I love thepianoguys!!!

Can you guys check out my Louis Tomlinson fanfic called Shortcomings!!! If you do check it out, let me know because I will dedicate a chapter to you!

Thank you everyone! Okay, gotta fly now, kiss kiss. x