~Chapter 10~

i walked into the school not caring how many glances i got. until i got to my locker and felt a tap on my shoulder. i turned around expecting an immediate punch in the face. I winced but it was only Hope. i relaxed and she gave me an odd look then said
"How are you feeling?"
she moved her hand over my bruised face
"i'm feeling okay. thanks for getting your brother to fess up."
"yeah he can be a jack ass sometimes."
i laughed
"but at least you didnt like die?"
she offers. i merely shrug and say
"so what do you want?"
she smiles
"oh yeah. i nearly forgot friday i'm having a big party kind of thing. parents let me throw it cause they think it'll make me less fucked up. so uh you're invited."
i cock my head sideways and she giggles then replies
"this isn't some sort of joke, i think you're pretty cool."
"wow, okay. awesome thanks."
i smile and she gives me a quick hug.
"oh and i'm inviting freak boy for you"
she gives a suggestive wink before walking off and i turn very red. was my crush that obvious? i scuried towards first period trying to make sure i wasn't easily noticed in the crowd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well i managed to finish the week off without getting slaughtered by anyone, i thought to myself. i was really glad to have Hope as a friend and i'd sat with her, Austin, Kat and Shane all week at lunch. Austin apologized for bugging me about the cut on my face and told me to tell him my secret when i was ready. everything seemed to be headed up thanks to Hope. i hadn't seem much of Oli that week, i wondered why in my head. he was in every class as per usual but he'd always slip away during morning anouncments and lunch. we hadn't been able to talk much that week even though he had helped me out a lot that weekend. i was recaping the week in my head while going back to my locker to grab my head phones. i quickly turned the corner and was suprised when i saw what looked to be Oli and one of the more popular girls. they weren't standing there talking and she wasn't calling him freak boy. she was leaning over top of him with her tongue down his throat. i felt my eyes well up in tears as i was struck dumb not moving from my spot. i shook myself out of the trance and ran to my locker, grabbed my ear buds and slammed the door shut.
"really fucking classy"
i mumbled, angrily walking away.
i caught my bus just in time. i sat down in the front row and jammed my earbuds in. i wanted to cry and vomit and punch someone all at the same time. then i realized how stupid i was being. sure Oli and i were kind of intimate but maybe he thought we were just friends. i didn't own him... and he didn't own me. perfect, i thought, at the party tonight i can show him he doesn't own me. i smiled to myself knowing tonight couldn't go wrong.
-A/N sort of a filler-