~Chapter 31~

the hospital ride was quick and my heart didnt slow a beat. i merely looked at oliver's pale body. i wanted to shake him or pinch myself and make sure this wasnt a dream. but as i felt his familiar skin i could tell this was no dream and this was all my fault. when we got to the hospital they pulled him out and nurses held me back as i tried to run with his ambulance trolly.
"Ma'am he needs to have his stomach pumped, you're going to have to wait in the resting room. we will call immidetialy after he is placed in a room."
one of the female nurses told me. i bit my lip holding back tears and started aggresively running my hand through my hair. i turned in anger when i saw Annabelle standing there looking frightened and pale. I ran over to her
"Hey Annabelle everything is going to be okay. c'mere."
I picked her up slowly and she wrapped her arms around my shoulders slowly, begining to whimper in my neck. I carried into the resting room where many adults and teens were sitting, some gave me odd looks probably thinking Annabelle was my daughter. I began to stroke her head and mumble words of encouragment to her and she eventually fell asleep. I nearly drifted off as well when I heard sneakers sqeauk against the grounds and a door slamming loudly. I whipped my head around to see Hope, Austin and Kat and Shane, who were standing aside leaning into eachother.
"Alexi... you're hear oh my god we heard and"
Hope stopped mid sentence when i raised a finger to my lips to shush her and. point at Annabelle. she gave me a confused look as i slowly and softly picked Annabelle up and placed her on a row of unarmed chairs. She snuggled into place as I walked away with the group. Hope smiled at me when we first got alone but it quickly faded and she pulled me into a tight hug
"I'm s-so sorry"
she quietly in my ear as I started to cry on her shoulder. I pulled away
"Why is he here?"
I quiestioned pointing at Austin concern crossing my face
"It was a mistake."
Austin said with a strained voice. I looked at him to see large bags under his red eyes.
"I was drunk and... there is no excuse. just please give me a second chance."
he says softly with sadness plastered on his face. I still dont respond to him.
"Can we talk alone for a bit?"
he says giving one last try. I nod slightly and turn to Hope
"Watch Annabelle, she's Oli's little sister."
she gives a slight smile and nods. I turn a corner with Austin and i begin absent mindedly scratching my arms roughly. He opens his mouth to speak one thing but looks down at my nervous behaviour and quickly lifts my hand from my wrist
"Don't do that, you're going to get hurt."
he says with too much care in his voice for someone like him.
"How would you know?"
I scold back, he merely winces and i'm taken aback.
"You didn't... when?"
I ask quickly
"Let's not talk about this I'm trying to apologize."
"Fine then we aren't talking at all."
I say turning on my heel when he grabs my shoulder.
"Wait... I'll tell you then."
he pauses slightly before lifting up his seleves. His arms show a reddish scaring that looks fairly deep and i can make out words like liar, freak. before i read the last one he pulls his arms away quickly.
"What the hell, Austin?"
i try to sound angry but concern masks my voice.
"Ever since the night I've been bad with myself. Nobody needs me, all i do is ruin everyone."
he says with a faltering voice. I cares his arm softly
"hey, don't think like people need you. you ju-"
i'm innterupted by a man calling his name.
"Sykes, Oliver? Anyone here with him?"
I bolt from the corner and pick up Annabelle softly, she wedges softly into my neck.
"That's us."
I say, trying to sound calm with anxiety filling my body.
"He's ready to see you."