~Chapter 23~

Lexi's POV
I was scrolling through my Facebook message when i heard a loud knock at the door. I quickly got up from my seat, scared because no one ever came to our house. I walked through the kitchen and grabbed a spatula, just in case. I walked to the door and opened it slowly, bracing myself for a murderer. When i heard a familiar laugh i popped open one eye to see Oli standing there drenched from the rain, he was holding his stomach and laughing his ass off as a young girl stood beside him with a smirk.
"What the hell where you going to do with a spatula?"
he said into between laughs. I rolled my eyes at him
"What are you doing here?"
i questioned, he gave me a serious look.
"You have to let us in, something bad has happened."
he pleaded, i finally got a chance to intake his and what i was assuming was his sister's appearance at the moment. Oli looked weak, frail and too tired for words, a bit on the sweaty side too. The young girl looked scared and her eyes were puffed and red. Oli had a backpack that was very full and heavy looking. Suddenly a got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.
"Yeah, come in. Please, you must be freezing your asses off. I mean uh butts."
I said realizing there was a kid here. They waked in and i brought them to our living room.
"Do you guys want some tea?"
I asked, assuming they must've been somewhat cold from the rain.
"If that wouldn't be too much trouble."
Oli answered
"Yeah sure how do you take it?"
"two sugars for me and Annabelle likes just honey. oh yeah this is my little sister."
i chuckled at his failure to tell me that early and proceeded to make them tea. I brought it back down to them and handed Oli his tea then Annabelle. We looked each other in the eyes and suddenly i could see a darkness, a darkness i knew all too well. She was giving me a small smile but i knew the truth. I could see the secret she was hiding, I stumbled backwards and shook my head. I would confront her later.
"why are you guys here, Oli?"
i made sure to remember to ask.
"iit's that thing i didn't want to tell you"
"well you have to explain yourself now or iI'll kick you out."
"you wouldn't do that, i know you."
"f-fine maybe i won't but just tell me you already my secret"
i said discreetly pointing to my covered wrists.
"fine..."
he said staring at the floor
"it's my dad... i told you he gets mad but it's not just shitty words. he hits me sometimes... i guess."
he spoke with a sad strain on his voice. I scooted closer to him on the couch and hugged him lightly. He winced lightly and I pulled up the back back of his shirt and there was a scar as long as two ring fingers that was swelled.
"Yikes, let me go grab my first aid kit. You wanna come with me Annabelle?"
i asked, she nodded back and i gave Oli a somewhat confused look.
"She doesn't speak"
he explained, i gave her a small frown then took her by the hand. we walked up to my room and as soon as we got in the safety of my walls, i turned to her.
"I know what's going on Annabelle."
i said to her, she gave me a confused look.
"YYou've been hurt, like me."
she gave me a shocked look almost as if she was scared of what would happen next.
~
A/N
i have a crush on somebody guys c: sorry i didn't have any friends to tell. she is really cool but she's probably straight. oh