~Chapter 32~

We walked into the room where Oli layed unconcious. He had a small plastic device around his mouth that had two straps that hooked over hos ears, pushing oxygen in and out of him. He also had an IV drip that was attached to his inside elbow, it trailed off the metal railings of his small bed. The nurse stood with us giving glances at me every few seconds.
"Sorry, what is your name?"
she asks me politely.
"Alexi"
my voice quivers as I speak.
"How do you know Mr. Sykes?"
"I'm his girlfriend, why?"
"Well we may need to involve the police in this or social services. You see, he has many bruises in various places. Some of the places we can tell have been hit constantly and one of his ribs is broken. If this means anything to you or if you could give us any information, please do so."
I start shaking slightly and Annabelle runs up and takes my hand in hers, this calms me down because she reminds me of Oli.
"Yes, i can help. you can't let their father see them."
i say indicating to Annabelle aswell.
"why's that?"
she remains a professional stance.
"he has abused Oli and Annabelle, his younger sister, countless times."
"thank you so much, Alexi. this information will help us better evalute Oliver here. This also means his younger sister will need a pysch assesment as well."
she says before bending down and handing Annabelle a cherry lollipop.
"Thank you so much."
Annabelle says softly.
"I'll leave you be then, by the way i'm Nurse Betty if you ever need anything."
i smile and nod at her still at a bit of a loss for words. I stood in silence staring at Oli while his heart monitor beeped loudly, keeping a constant pace. I turned around to my friends and Hope gave me another tight hug
"He's going to get better, i know it. by the way the office has given you and Oli 5 days off but people have to bring you school work. that means you'll see me or Austin everyday."
she smiles and Austin gives a tiny small too with sadness in his eyes.
"Hope and I will get the love birds out of here then and leave you three alone so you can process."
Austin says before only patting my shoulder probably aware of my fear of contact. Hope hugs me on last time and drags Kat and Shane out while waving before Austin leaves I grab his hand
"Stay strong."
he gives me a smile then walks out. I pull the two extra blankets and the one extra pillow out from under the hospital bed and use them to make Annabelle a small bed on the rooms couch. I lay her on it and sit in a small plastic chair near Oli's bed. it's going to be a long day...