Chapter 18

So here's the next chap guys. This was one of those chapters that gave me a migraine after I was done writing it and it makes me really skeptical about it. So I hope you like it and it makes sense to you.
Dedicating this chapter to Avylinn, Her books are amazing especially The Violinist and Teaching Adam. Check them out if you haven't.
I attached a video I felt, fitted the chapter. It's from my favourite Coldplay Album, X & Y. It's called Square one. Love it!

*Edited by dacasabella*

-----------

Zak's P.O.V.

"Oh God! What have I done?".

I groaned aloud as I tried to clean up my flooded bathroom.

I was in full panic mode and not just because the water in my bathroom had started to seep into the bedroom but also because of what almost happened here a few minutes ago.

"Ugh Zak! What the heck is wrong with you?", I scolded myself while slapping my forehead a couple of times.

'Why on earth did I try to kiss him?' With the way he fled my house after what almost just happened, I knew I had destroyed any possible relationship I could ever have with him, even as a friend.

Now we were back to square one. He was obviously going to start avoiding me or, even worse, start hating me again.

I could feel the tears building in my eyes. I felt like digging a hole and hiding in it forever.

Why didn't I realize this sooner? He obviously didn't find me attractive. His behaviour towards me on the night of the barbeque should have been proof enough.

He didn't see me as a possible love interest, only as a friend. And I had managed to ruin that to the point where he may not see me as anything at all.

"Urgh.", I groaned for umpteenth time. "I've really messed up this time."

And I didn't know how I was gonna fix it, us. Definitely, things were going to become awkward again between us and I really hated awkward situations. I didn't know if I'll be able to face him ever again.

He had even forgotten his toolbox here. I wondered how I was going to return it now. 'Ugh! Why did I have to make things so complicated?'

I should have known he wasn't interested. And even if he was, by some chance, I remember Brenda telling me some time ago that he just got out of a relationship and was still feeling the effects of it. It hadn't even dawned on me to ask him about it, whether he was feeling better or something.

For all I knew, he was still completely hung up on his ex. There were so many unknowns and I was so caught up in the moment and in my feelings for him that I never bothered to stop and ask how he was coping or feeling. And after how he b-lined it out of here I was sure I had my answer. I had to face the fact that he didn't like me in that way and probably never would.

I felt my heart cringe at that thought. I really, really liked him but now I was sure he would never ever return my feelings. I felt like I had just had a band-aid ripped off my heart.

All my life, I had trouble with finding the right guy or any guy at all. I guess I should have seen it coming. It wasn't like my life was going to start getting better out of the blue. It was clear that I was just unloveable. There was something fundamentally wrong with me. I mean my mom had practically disowned me some days ago. I should have expected this.