December 3, 2015

#14 Friday, December 3, 2015

Dear Snowy Miracle,

It snowed today! I knew that something good was going to happen. Today in AP Lit we were reading about an author and the teacher, God bless his soul, had just read "He wrote passionate love poems and was a great admirer of the ladies!" And then he compared him to you. In front of the entire class. You did not laugh as hard as the rest of us, but I laughed far too much. Mostly because I know that it is actually the other way around. Then, as I had that thought, I looked outside and saw that it was snowing. I think that you called us all bastards, and you and I caught each other's eyes before we all moved on. It is almost midnight and I am still trying to shake off the weight of your eyes. It's strange because even though we are friends now, things seem to be more awkward than it used to be sometimes. Maybe that's because we know each other better now. But our project is due in four days. I mean, it's not that we haven't finished it, because we have, but I will miss spending so much time with you. I mean, who else has inside jokes about the number four, Thanksgiving, and gang bangers. If you don't remember what the number four was about, I am most definitely not explaining that again. You'll get the idea.

Sometimes I wonder if you should read these someday, just for the novelty of it. I think some of these are pretty good. Maybe once our high school reunion comes around and we are all comparing each other's marriages, children, and mortgages, you would want to read these. "For old time's sake," You'll say, and then I will try not to fall in love all over again. Some day I really want to be able to move on from you. To be able to look back and tell my daughter never to fall in love with the perfect guy because he is never as perfect as he seems. To be able to reminisce with other people in our class that understand how frustrating it is that you got a 5 on the AP History exam (that is not even a little normal, okay). To be able to go an entire day without wondering what you're doing, how you're feeling, or how I feel about the previous information. I will get there. But, I have a feeling that there will be a lot more letters before then.

Love,

The Girl with the Cramped Hand