October 10, 2015

#3 October 10, 2015

Dear Strangely Unforgotten,

Sometimes, obsessions can be beautiful. From them can come powerful emotion, revolutionary literature, overwhelming experiences. Obsessions can change a person for good or evil- some become murderers, but some become the best lovers. Someday, I want you to know how many people have been obsessed with you, how many lives your quick smile has changed. I think that you deserve that. Maybe even need that. What are you obsessed with? Moose Tracks ice cream? Soccer? Acting? I'm sure a lot of people would want to know. You are the type of person that people write novels about: the perfect personality with the athletic talent, broad shoulders, and unmatched intelligence. In the kind of books that I read, people like you die.
What is so different about you that God lets you remain in this world? This broken world is really no place for someone of your stature. Maybe you're someone's angel. That would make a lot of sense. Someone out there needs you. They need you a lot more than I ever would. You know, in Hebrew, your name means "God has heard." Doesn't that just further stress my theory? I'm not trying to make you see me, not anymore. Angels deserve better than girls tortured by demons. Angels deserve the girls with God-given curly hair and wide, innocent eyes. Eyes just like yours. Maybe that girl will be someone you are obsessed with. I want you to know that's okay. Lucifer was God's favorite, and he had his own obsession, and God still loved him. Just as I, this girl obsessed with the angels in the back of the room and the demons in the closet, still love you. I will admit it now. It has taken me ten days. In the grand scheme of four years, this is not a long time. But in my head, it has been ages. Ages since I noticed the blond haired, blue eyed boy that sat in the back of the classroom freshman year. Ages since I realized that he was different, yet still the same. I still don't understand how, even four years later. Humans shouldn't understand angels, after all.

Love,
The Girl with the Obsession

Author's Note:
So one of the biggest mysteries, I guess you could say, is the boy's name. When I started these, I didn't think that I would keep him anonymous, but since I actually wrote some of these for someone, I thought this would be more entertaining.
Any guesses on what his name is???
Again, thank you so much for reading, and I love you guys so much!

AllAtOnce99