Chapter 11

Time seemed to stop, as my life felt more complete each second I could feel his mouth against mine, sucking against my plump lips. It was the only way I knew he cared. Eventually, I pulled away, my palm still cupping his flawless cheekbone. He seemed disappointed at our departure, still thirsty for more, as I was.

"Bill, what is this place?" I asked tentatively, even though I thought I knew the answer. I always thought I knew all the answers.

"The mindscape." He stated straightforwardly, looking at me as if I were an idiot, causing me to rethink my theory. "We're in you're mind, dreaming."

"What? How is that possible? I-I died..." Bill smiled at my obliviousness to the situation. He obviously liked to be the smartest person in the room.

"Well, yes," he admitted. "But you're forgetting the prophecy."

"Oh... do you mean that code by the statue? I, um, couldn't crack it"

Bill frowned as he saw me blush and avoid eye contact. "You mean... you didn't know what the code said? So... you legitimately sacrificed yourself for me, thinking you'd die for, just because there was a chance you'd be with me? Wow..."

I slipped my notebook out of my pocket, flipping through the crusty pages until I found the code in my scrawled font. Bill made the letters appear in front of us, emblazoned in glowing yellow text, and changed them until the message was clear.

AN ANCIENT PROPHECY SET IN STONE,
THE DEMON'S GONE HIS SOUL ALONE,
BUT THERE'S A WAY HE CAN LIVE AGAIN,
A BOY MUST OFFER HIS LIFE TO HIM.

THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE.

My eyes brimmed with tears as I read the passage in awe, my hand locked firmly in Bill's, refusing to ever let go. He watched my reaction, never taking his focus off me as I solely reached out to touch the letters.

"But... what was the key word?" I looked back at him again, wondering how I was ever able to peel myself away from him before.

He blushed, something I never expected to see on him. "Billdip. That's us. It means that ever since the beginning, ever since me, there was you who would save me. We were together since the start, and we will be until the end."

***

Well done if you cracked the code before I revealed it, the code word was a little predictable so... good for you! Love you guys,
Em xx