Teach Us

Kiana

"Seriously, another night of detention," I just frowned as Harry told me the news.

"I'm sorry Kay," Harry frowned.

He pulled me in for a hug.

"I know how much you hate it," Harry frowned.

"I know how much it kills you too let me go through this pain, I mean I don't blame you for speaking your mind," I said.

Harry nodded and hugged me tighter. I looked at the time and sighed.

"I'll have the treatment ready for you when you return Haz," I sighed.

Harry blushed and hugged me.

"See you after," Harry groaned.

"See you after," I replied.

Harry left the common room. Hermione and Christian sat besides me with smiles on their faces.

"Did Harry just leave," Hermione asked.

I nodded.

"He has yet another night of detention," I said.

"Should we tell her," Christian smiles.

"Tell me what," I asked. "Kayla isn't back in the castle is she? I'll kill her this time."

"It can wait until Harry and Cedric gets here," Hermione said.

***

It was nearly midnight when Harry left Umbridge's office that night, both of our hands now bleeding so severely that it was staining the scarfs we had wrapped around it. Cedric was examining my hand as we sat on the couch.

"I still reckon you should complain about this," said Ron in a low voice.

"No," Cedric said.

"McGonagall would go nuts if she knew," I said.

"Yeah, she probably would," said Harry. "And how long d'you reckon it'd take Umbridge to pass another Decree saying anyone who complains about the High Inquisitor gets sacked immediately?"

Jake opened his mouth to retort but nothing came out and after a moment he closed it again in a defeated sort of way.

"She's a terrible woman. We've got to do something about her," Hermione said.

"I suggested poison," said Ron grimly.

"Torture and then poison," I said harshly.

"No, I mean, something about what a dreadful teacher she is, and how we're not going to learn any defense from her at all," said Hermione.

"There's nothing we can really do with Fudge backing her every request," I said.

"Well," said Hermione tentatively. "You know, I was thinking today." She shot a slightly nervous look at Cedric, Harry and I then continued on, "I was thinking that — maybe the time's come when we should just just do it ourselves."

"Do what ourselves," Harry, Cedric and I said in unison.

"Exactly what," I asked.

"Well learn Defense Against the Dark Arts ourselves," said Hermione.

"Come off it," groaned Jake. "You want us to do extra work? D'you realize Harry and I are behind on homework again and it's only the second week? And Kiana has a ton of things to do! Cedric is doing his NEWTs."