six

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

Adrian settled down in an armchair in an office— the guidance counselor's office. According to Alaric, the boy and the counselor's meeting was long overdue.

Counseling or therapy wasn't Adrian's favorite thing to attend, he did it a lot when he was a child and again when he lived at the boy's home, it practically became an everyday routine.

Emma Tig, the school counselor, took a seat in an armchair across from the young boy with a beige file resting on her lap. She flipped through it, humming quietly as the boy watched impatiently, his knee bouncing up and down.

"Adrian" The woman finally spoke, glancing up at the boy, "It's nice to finally meet you"

"Yeah" Adrian let out a heavy sigh, "I'm sure you've been eager to validate me"

Emma crossed her legs with a pen in hand as she prepared to take notes, "Though this might be mandatory, I do care about my students and want you—"

"To be my best self when I finally get out of therapy. You want to help me overcome all of these feelings I have bottled up"

The counselor chuckled lightly, "Why don't we start with how you ended up here?"

Adrian repositioned himself in his armchair, "I think everything you need to know is in that file of yours"

Emma nodded, "It might be. But I want you to tell me. I've been informed that you went to therapy for more than once a week" She paused, "I have to ask, why did you leave the boys home?"

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
BECAUSE I HAVE A BRAIN THAT ACTUALLY WORKS
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

Adrian looked down at the maroon carpet under the coffee table in front of his feet, "I didn't belong there"

The female sighed before taking another route after she felt she wouldn't get a proper answer from the boy and she wouldn't get to know why he left either, "Tell me about your family. You had a younger sister by two years, correct?"

"Eleven months" The boy corrected.

"What was she like?" Emma inquired.

"Your basic kind of little sister" Adrian chuckled, remembering his crazy little sister, "She was bratty. Always got what she wanted and never got in trouble"

"And your mother? Your father?" The male tore his gaze away from the carpet, glancing up at Emma. The woman let out a soft sigh, she placed the boy's file and her notebook on the coffee table in between their chairs, "Adrian, I can't help you if you won't talk to me"

The boy nodded, a sigh escaping his lips as he pushed himself up to sit straight, "After years of turmoil, mom and dad were finally happy. They had a picture-perfect family with a house and not one of those broken down abandoned houses Dad spent his entire childhood in"